Do you think Ruthaford is buried at Beth Sharim?

by blownaway 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• silas hobbs
    silas hobbs

I am just reading the third edition [ 2015] of Penton's book , Apocalypse Delayed, and he deals with that episode of Beth Sar-Sarim and the efforts to bury him there which were shot down by San Diego City Hall. After losing that battle his remains were sent to Rossville,New York and buried there.

After reading Penton's book I am shaking my head and wondering how I ever got involved with this group.

Although in fairness it did act like a 12 step program for me. Jerked a knot in my bad habits and helped me to walk straight but that is no excuse for their dictatorship of the mind and soul that they exercise over their followers.

• LV101
    LV101

Didn't know they have their very own cemetery -- for real!! Makes me sick because they all belong in a nuclear waste dump which is way too good for the charlatan scoundrels.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

........and if you go into the garage where he's buried and listen carefully you can still here him laughing his face off at what a scam he pulled.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Silas Hobbs said, quoting Perfesser Penton: "After losing that battle his remains were sent to Rossville,New York and buried there."

Penton is without a doubt the most knowledgeable expert on JWs - just ask him, he'll tell you!

The FACT is that an EMPTY coffin was shipped to Rossville - a neighborhood on Staten Island in NYC, and that EMPTY coffin was buried there - never opened, never a viewing of the corpse, because it was buried in California.

https://youtu.be/_0bzOB2W8LE

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

LV101 commented, "Didn't know they have their very own cemetery..."

During the history of the WTB&TS there have been several burial grounds used.

Pastor Russell is buried in Rosemont United Cemetery near Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.

"Judge" Joseph F Rutherford is buried in an unmarked grave under a garage in San Diego, California, but a faux-burial was performed in a portion of the cemetery of Woodrow United Methodist Church on Staten Island, not far from the old Watchtower farm and site of WBBR (Watchtower radio).

Then some were interred (without markers, because that would be creature worship) in other Watchtower properties as the Brooklyn org expanded northward. One was nick-named "the launching pad" by Bethelites who reasoned that their dead leaders were resurrected as invisible spirit creatures who would rule with King Jesus in heaven.

The burial sites shown above are the most recent. Note that grave markers are present. It must be OK to "worship" Knorr and Franz and others now.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I don't know where I read it. But what I read somewhere, it might have even been in Crisis of Conscience. That someone asked Fred Franz as recently as 1979-80 where Judge Rutherford was buried. Without any hesitation and conviction in his voice Fred Franz said ''he's buried at Beth Sarim!!"

• LV101
    LV101

Nathan -- WOW! Thanks for the history. It's certainly interesting in comparison to their bible interpretation. Can't imagine living on the San Diego property -- I'd have that horror beast's remains removed. I couldn't live there no matter! Maybe the state of California should sell tickets and start a charlatan-garage museum and make money to feed the hungry children or to help pay off child-molestation settlements to one area's victims.

"the launching pad" -- that's hilarious! Several burial grounds is one too many for those despots and the property should be nuked of their remains, sold and used to feed the homeless, downtrodden, in NY.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Frankly, I don't give a shit where he's buried.

It's where he's serving out his sentence in Hell that matters, IMO.

• blondie
    blondie

Nathan, good point about the empty coffin to Rossville....I wonder if Fred helped bury him. I understand Rutherford's wife and son did not attend any funeral for him.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

It would be nice to know where he is if an official location. Tyrian Lannister journeyed to the wall to take a piss. I'd journey to his grave to take a piss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit