Do you think Ruthaford is buried at Beth Sharim?

by blownaway 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blownaway
    blownaway

No one really knows where Ruthaford is buried. There is some word of mouth evidence that he is buried under the garage of Beth Sarim. I think he is under the garage. The followers would over ride the law IMO. The property has never had major renovation or deconstruction to my knowledge.

• new boy
    new boy

Rutherford has no known grave so in an interview with Fred Franz before he died he basically stated he was buried there. Rumor has it he is buried underneath the garage floor under 6 inches of concrete. Maybe he is down there inside one of his Packers.

The society had to bury him on the sly because the city San Diego refused their request to do this there.

• caves
    caves

So sad when Abraham and Moses came back to life and they got trapped down under the concrete with him.

• blownaway
    blownaway

Maybe Heraldo could do another whats in Ruthafords vault.

• blondie
  • blondie
  • James Jack
    James Jack

I was told there is a JW Cemetery at the Watchtower Farms location where Rutherford is buried.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

As far as I know Blondie is right, pretty sure I read it in the book by the ex dub that challenged the author of the creation book about his "mistakes". I also read only 4 people attended his funeral - NOT even his son and wife. Obvs only Jesus could read his heart and see what a good and kind man he was.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

A dispute over some dude's bones...hmmm... it sounds familiar for some reason....where have I heard that before?

• new boy
    new boy

The front cover of the May/June 1996 Free Minds Journal provides a rearview of Beth-Sarim (indicating it was for sale) with a caption, “Is Joe [J.F.R.] buried in the back yard?” On the back page a brief review of Beth-Sarim concludes: “Fred Franz, fourth WT president, often indicated Rutherford was (illegally) buried in the back yard.” In a telephone conversation about the statement attributed to Franz, ex-Bethelite and Free Minds Journal editor Randall Watters said that he heard this from a number of persons who had worked in Watchtower headquarters.45

This account is further verified by Mike, a Jehovah’s Witness, who along with a friend visited the Brooklyn headquarters early in 1987. Their visit took them to Franz’s office. He asked Franz about a story he had heard about a burial site on a piece of property that was not part of the original estate . Who was buried there? Without any hesitation — he remembers it as clearly as if it happened yesterday — Franz said, “Judge Rutherford was buried there.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit