Was Jesus and Mary Magdeline married?

by Victorian sky 17 Replies latest jw friends

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Please forgive my stupidity - but, was this painting supposed to be a depiction of the last supper before or after Judas left?

closer

• Hamas
    Hamas

I think they all look like women on this painting.

Maybe Di Vinci had a fetish !!!

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Dear Victori,
    may I suggest another book? This book changed my life forever. I seriously mean that and I recommend it with caution. The book is:
    BLOODLINE OF THE HOLY GRAIL by LAURENCE GARDNER. Mr. 'Sir' Gardner is the current 'prince'(not sure what they call it) of the modern Templars. Now this book is very controversial and very much criticized. But it struck me as more truthful than many other books on the same subject. BUt it is the red pill---you will never be the same again.
    The belief that Jesus and Mary Magdalen were married at Cana(water into wine? remember how convoluted the Borg made the explanation of how Jesus had the authority to do that? well if he was the Groom it would have answered the Qs easily!)is very common. Especially in France. The Merovian Dynasty of French monarchs are believed descended from the Sang Real(Royal Bloodline) which is the hidden pun of San Greal(Holy Grail). And the whole grail mythology predates xtianity by thousands of years---it is a fascinating subject.
    email me if you have any Qs. I got my copy of 'Bloodline' off ebay for cheap. You might eeven be able to find it in a library. for more gnostic ideas about the Bible and such check out:
    www.enemies.com
    Gnostic Friends Network^ also : EVERYBODY GO OUT AND RENT THE MOVIE 'LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST' FROM THE 1980's. see what all the fuss was about! love scenes with Mary Magdalen and all.
    Ravyn

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, on the advice of Victorian Sky, I just finished reading "The DaVinci Code" and let me tell you, it's really, REALLY good! Very well written, an easy read, and holds your interest to the very end. (I was finishing it up while cooking a pot roast tonight, to the great amusement of Jennie.) I read in "Parade" magazine today that it's going to be made into a movie. Hope they do it justice. Ravyn, I think I'll try to find your book next. I'm a big conspiracy buff, along with Big Tex (you should see our library), so this will be an interesting subject to delve into.

Since the Mystery Book Club was having a two-for-one sale, I went ahead and bought the author's book "Angels and Demons," which I think is along the same subject.

Mmmm, I love a good book!

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Please settle an argument. Nina says Jesus has a bear in Da Vinci's painting. I say he doesn't.

Who's right?

BTW, I agree with Hamas.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Um, honey, I think you meant BEARD, dear. I guess it's a good thing it didn't come out "beaver," eh?

Nina

• teejay
    teejay

Hello, Victorian sky

I haven't read "The Da Vinci Code." If you believe it's true, then for you it's true. If you don't believe it's true, then for you it isn't.

Was Jesus and Mary Magdeline married? I think it's possible. If you use a bible concordance (or Wt CD rom) and look at scriptures where "Mary Magdeline" is spoken of, you'll quickly get the impression that, at the very least, she was extremely devoted and was with Jesus at very pivotal times. At times, she was the ONLY one.

Unless some undiscovered artifact is found that provides solid evidence,though, I doubt the answer to your question will ever be known for certainty. It's fun to speculate, though.

• integ
    integ

no

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit