What Did You Choose Jehovah Over?

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some JWs believe they have the Truth. They alone understand God, Jehovah. They are very happy being Jehovah’s Witnesses.👍👌....

Many others realize what they have given up for Jehovah, to belong to the Jehovah’s Witness religion.

Some of could have gone to higher education but instead decided to knock on doors for free full time. Some had wonderful opportunities in sports . I knew one young man who was considered one of the best football players in the state but refused a free scholarship to the university of his choice because he wanted to serve Jehovah, especially before 1975.

I knew extremely gifted artists, singers, dancers and musicians that decided to put Jehovah God and his Organization first.

I know of elders and pioneers and ministerial servants who gave up their unbelieving families and stopped all association with them because it’s what Jehovah wanted of them.

Dif you give up anything for Jehovah??

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The governing body and many of their idiotic orders. Acts 5: 29 and Psalm 146: 3-4

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

" The Truth " .......the highest and greatest power over all

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

Hopefully, most of the people you mention who gave up so much for the JW religion ended up okay. I hope they did..But, there are some who probably didn’t and they have regrets.

I was not in their category and came into the religion a young working adult. I refused to give up my job to pursue poverty - especially when I saw that the people pushing said poverty were living a cushy life. No, I kept my job until retirement.

I functioned working full time but doing the best I could in the so-called “Truth”..I have no regrets except for time I wasted!..But, that is all past and I’m okay now.

• Biahi
    Biahi

My entire childhood, but it wasn’t my choice.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Actually Jehovah has never existed, just like all other gods envisioned and created by the ancients.

The lying corrupt men who ran the Watchtower Corporation helped to realize that fact,

...........thank you Watchtower Corporation

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I wanted to be a meteorologist but that required college so that was a no go. On the other end of the spectrum I wanted to start a self sufficient farm in the back woods. Build my own log home and sell produce and crafts. Couldn't do that because there would be no kingdom halls nearby. So I ended up going into construction. Still Totally ADD

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

About 57 years of living life! Whata dumb f*ck!

just saying!

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

When I discovered that the "troof" was lies, I walked away. Life is just too short for that nonsense.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Luckily for me, even when I was PIMI, I was very materialistic. So other than time, I never lost a lot. Now out I own rental properties. I remember been made to feel guilty about this, but I stuck to my guns. In my entire 40 years as a JW I never once pioneered, or had the ambition to do so. I guess decisions that have paid off now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit