What Did You Choose Jehovah Over?

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Most of the people I know that gave up their lives for Jehovah’s Organization are broke and disheartened still.

• Giordano
    Giordano

My wife and I gave up being a JW in our young 20's. We never really 'got' the Society and the reckless way they treated their followers. Fear mongering about Armageddon, discouraging higher learning, the Ban on Blood. The boredom of meetings and the publications.

It took me a couple of years to work through the religion. My wife as it turned out was way ahead of me........ as in........ she never believed.

We gave up all religion.

So for the rest of our live's it been all about us, our son, our grand kids, close friends and being volunteers in our community.

Jehovah and the bible is not part of our lives.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

at 9 years of age i didnt have any choice.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Most of the people I know that gave up their lives for Jehovah’s Organization are broke and disheartened still.

But not the GB members and their wives, they play with millions that the JWs members contributed, never worry about food, shelter, medical or dental care, why if they want to they go for swim or play a game of tennis at the Warwick HQ.

In between that time they plan out where they would like to travel around the world paid for by the WTS and treated like adorned celebrities when they arrive.

......and people wonder why they are always smiling and lying to support the organization, the reason is not that hard to figure out.

MeekSpaceNG: M. Stephen Lett: Pursue the Way of Love (1 John 3:18)

• RolRod
    RolRod

I gave up a future, and at the time I joined, I was in a relationship with a woman who loved me more than life itself, and I had to give her up because she was of the devil and Jehovah would provide me with a mate.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves

RolRod, did Jehovah provide you with a mate?

• Ding
    Ding

Perhaps a more appropriate question JWs should ask themselves is, "What did I choose over Jehovah?"

The most appropriate answer would probably be, "The Watchtower organization," but that wouldn't make sense to them because they equate the two.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I left the WTS/JWs because I could see he (Jehovah) wasn't there or his son, just some sinning, lying, apostates running their own publishing house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit