Child Broadcast Star is Going Home to Die.

by Slidin Fast 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The February broadcast has an item which in my view exploits a young very poorly girl. It seems that the girl is quite a character and her faith seems to be strong. She was baptised as a pre-pubescent innocent girl and is purported to be a regular pioneer at age 13. Now read what her local paper says :-

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/i-want-to-go-home-13yearold-phelicity-sneesbys-dying-wish-20160130-gmhky4.html

Note the date of the article, Januar 31. At the time of publishing this broadcast Phelicity was actually stranded in America after a failed operation to save her life.

The cost of getting her home from the United States on a special medical flight is $US150,000 ($A212,000). Her family can't afford the fare and hope to raise the funds online. More than $100,000 had been donated via flyherhome.com by Saturday.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/i-want-to-go-home-13yearold-phelicity-sneesbys-dying-wish-20160130-gmhky4.html#ixzz3zn1cKNMJ

Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

I am sure that the Borg got permission from the family to broadcast anyway but what a misrepresentation of the facts.

I think that the parading of such people for cheap oohs and aahs is beneath contempt. The girl is dying. Did the Borg contribute to her treatment or travel costs? I doubt it.

What do you think? Is this a legitimate source of encouragement or blatant exploitation?

• sir82
    sir82

I pick.....B.

How did you find this article?

It would be interesting to forward the JW broadcast segment on her to the reporter who wrote this, pointing out the release date of the video.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Did the Borg present her as a pioneer or as someone who has refused blood over a dozen times or both? She is a pretty and bright eyed little girl so sorry she has to go through this.

Gee couldn't the GB donate their frequent fliers miles to off set some of her costs?

• shadow
    shadow

They have now raised $240,506 of $175k, raised by 4,383 people in 14 days

very sad situation

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

They are shamelessly exploiting her to their own ends.

What a wasted opportunity. They could have used their global network to rally the brotherhood around this family in need but instead it's nothing but a huge guilt trip to do more.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Sir82

**I pick.....B.**

yes.

Giordano

**Gee couldn't the GB donate their frequent fliers miles to off set some of her costs?**

No.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Can someone say how many minutes into the broadcast I can watch this? Can't bear to sit through the whole thing.
  • sir82
    sir82

Can someone say how many minutes into the broadcast I can watch this?

It's toward the end, maybe 40 or 50 minutes in.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    So is the child that was talked about in the Feb jw broadcast? What did the jw broadcast have to say about her, how did they exploit her? Don't want to watch the crap.
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The segment starts at 46.23. The speaker refers to her having pioneered for a year at the end of the piece. There is no mention of her having been in intensive care for two months and the failure of her treatment.

My heart goes out to this family and what they are enduring but I despise the way they are being used. The borg is behaving like a cheap redtop newspaper trying to boost circulation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit