No Time to die.

by mickbobcat 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I watched the movie by streaming it off line. I don't pay to watch woke movies ever. The film had great cinematography. The actions scene's were great. The motive for Malek's desire to kill of millions of people is never given, but with all bond films suspension of reality is a must. So that did not bother me. Making 007 a black woman which lets be clear, was a woke pile of shit in the first degree. I have seen all the Bond films several times over the years. They always leave you leaving the theater feeling all is well with the world and you had a good time watching the film. But this on leaves you feeling like when you leave one of the Halloween franchise films. Noting is really resolved and you are left knowing Micheal is still out there. If they try to make another 007 film as a black woman my guess is its DOA. Bond is 007 and that is the end of that. With out Bond there is no franchise. The majority of people who are bond fans are men. We like a bond that a bit misogynistic, a bit of a womanizer, knows almost everything about everything, has all the right gadgets, and can drive a car or motorcycle like no one else. He is also a HE, English, well spoken, well dressed, can pop off the best sarcastic quip at a seconds notice, can shoot like Annie Oakley, And has the luck of the Irish. If they try to replace him with a black woman its a fail out of the gate. They also made MoneyPenny a black female. The woktardness in this film was palpable and took away from its potential.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

James Bond used to be the alpha male archetype. He was a cartoon, but one men and women alike could enjoy vicariously. Growing up, most of us guys wanted to BE James Bond, and most of the girls I knew wanted to BE WITH him. It was all fantasy and we all knew it. But that was part of the fun.

As time went on, 007 became more in touch with his feelings. Bond became more sensitive. Bond lost his wit. Bond lost his sarcasm and off the cuff quips. Bond lost his edginess. Bond became more human, likeable and "nice". Bond fell in love. James Bond, 007 became... a regular family man like me?

How boring.

Now Hollywood is toying with having a female 007.

You could see that coming from a mile away.

Oh well, Hollywood giveth and Hollywood taketh away.

• Simon
    Simon

The woke destroy everything they infect.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Bond is a guy. He can be black or any race, I don't care. As long as he's a guy that has all the characteristics the OP mentioned. I'm fine with it. But being a man is a must. And he need's to be a man's man.

Its like trying to replace wonder women with a man. It doesn't work! Its a women! Likewise for Bond, he's a man baby! <in an Austin Powers voice>

As for the movie showing a black women holding the "007" number, I believe it was intended for this movie only. It was meant to make Bond more vulnerable, less of an indestructible icon, less of an icon for MI6 itself. They didn't retreat his number, like they do in hockey. Your number is up for grabs by the last agent who joined the group. It really shifted Bond into a relatable human that could even have a family! All this worked great within the "Daniel Craig" universe where he ultimately died a hero. I felt that was an awesome bond.

Bond is somewhat rebooted with every actor shift. The next Bond will have its own story line. I don't believe for one minute that the 007 woman we saw in that movie would be the next bond. Bond is an alpha man.

• Simon
    Simon
    Bond is a guy. He can be black or any race, I don't care

Not really, he's a 1950's British naval officer ... which means he's a white man.

People should create their own stories and characters instead of always wanting to co-opt and ruin someone else's, which is what the "replacement" is always really about, trying to erase and ruin, not really celebrate or enhance a story. It's to stick a finger in the eye of a group someone dislikes.

Unless people would be happy for Black Panther to be a white dude, they should keep the characters as they were written.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Not really, he's a 1950's British naval officer ... which means he's a white man.

Imagine if they took a character that's traditionally black....imagine if the Chinese did a remake of the fresh Prince of Bel air and turned it into "The fresh princess" and she was Asian. There'd be an outcry of "cultural appropriation!".

Well, guys, this is cultural appropriation.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

If bond can be black then Mathew Macconaughey can be Martin Luther King.

• asp59
    asp59

Agree she should go back to kitchen were she belongs

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hollywood is free to put out any number of woke films.

And I am free not to pay good money to watch this stuff.

They can't ignore profits ...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I'm not a fan of Bond, not my kind of thing, so that's the reason I won't be watching it. It's all make belief, folks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit