It's not "new light" anymore it's "new lies" .

by truth doubter 30 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Welcome to the forum, a good place to vent and heal.

I was baptized in 1984, never really climbed the watchtower hierarchy.

Therefore the whole faith cannot be discounted due to changes, whether good or bad.

A little leaven ferments the whole loaf.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Welcome "Truth" doubter, very glad you made it to these shores.

Any person or religion which goes on and on about "Truth" has surely got something to hide.

The Watchtower is one of the most elaborate propaganda machines designed to keep its followers in the thrall of its deluded leadership. Glad to hear you are mentally awake...and looking forward to more of your story.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If you just scratch a little deeper you'll find it is all lies, not just some of it.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Welcome to the forum, truth doubter.

Any disagreements or doubts can be openly stated and discussed here, unlike in the kingdom hall.

• stillin
    stillin

Welcome, truth doubter! I think that you may find it hard to maintain your excellent standing in the congregation. There is constant verbal support of the Organization required, in field service, demonstrations and socially. You can't really speak what is on your mind. Sure, this forum is a haven, of sorts, but the whole rest of your life is a contradiction.

i am still fairly regular at meetings, inactive in service but friendly with all. It is the only network of friends that I spent years cultivating and I don't want to give the elders the ammunition to ruin my life. Many of these people would be friends even if there were no congregation, I like them. But the "party line" gets tiresome. They feed off of each other just as the one poster said that we do here. You can't blame a person for that. Anyhow, welcome. We're still brothers.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome TD - Yep! Been there.

I won't go anywhere else because I don't want to be shunned.

Just breathe. Take your time. It's funny, but that expression 'where else' was used when I left...I said to the elder; 'you mean to whom, which is what the scriture actually says.'

Now of course, I realise god is just a made up bronze age confection. So it really doesn't matter.

Take your time, do what thou will shall be the whole of the law.

Just don't give them your money.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

much of the other changing "new light" is nothing more than a "new guess".

Don't you wonder where they come of with some of this stuff?

Image result for where did you get that pull out of your ass

Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Good on you, doubter.

The more guys like you step aside, the deeper the Org has to scrape the bottom of the barrel for "qualified brothers"...

...and the quality of "shepherding" can't help but get shittier and shittier as a result, which can only hurt the Org more and more in the long run. :smirk:

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

welcome.

just wanted to let you know there are others out there who believe the same about condition of the dead, immortality of the soul, kingdom on earth, oneness of God, without being anyway affiliated with the watchtower, and without demanding that people obey rules made by a group of people.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

We were always taught that anything that had false origins or foundations, such as "worldly celebrations" should be rejected. It doesn't matter if people just celebrate mothers day with genuine motives now...NO...it should be rejected because of something 1,000's of years back being Pagan.

So by that reasoning, it would be wise to analyse the ORIGINS of the society...yes its core beliefs and teachings from when it was first established, and during the early years.

EG:

Beth-sarim

Pyramidology and date calculations

Multiple date predictions

etc...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit