It's not "new light" anymore it's "new lies" .

by truth doubter 30 Replies latest jw friends

• truth doubter
    truth doubter

Hello to all,

This is my first post. I never dreamed I'd be on a site like this. I was baptized 43 years ago and pretty much have done and seen it all. I'm now certain that WT is not God's "spirit directed" earthly representative. This has been a gradual change since I began researching the "blood issue" and reading Ray Franz's books over a decade ago. Although much of what I learned and taught seemed to hold up to other beliefs ( hell fire, condition of the dead, immortality of the soul etc.), much of the other changing "new light" is nothong more than a "new guess". I served in all elder positions, have been given assembly talks and really believed I was doing it for Jah. I'm still attending some meetings, mostly to keep in good standing so that I can be part of the brotherhood and associate with some of my dear "letters of recommendation". I won't go anywhere else because I don't want to be shunned. However, blood issues and the disfellowshipping interpretation by WT make it a cult that is controlling and often deadly. Not a represenative of the God of LOVE! I'm trying to slip away gradually and unnoticed. Any who have questions about changed doctrine or need to talk about your plight, feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to meet others who share our experience.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

I never dreamed I'd be on a site like this.

I used to feel that way too. Now I can't imagine how I could have survived without a site like this!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Welcome to the forum truth doubter.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I was baptized 43 years ago and pretty much have done and seen it all. I'm now certain that WT is not God's "spirit directed" earthly representative.

I never dreamed I'd be on a site like this

When I was at the peak of my activity as a zealous JW, I, too, would never have believed I'd be where I am now. It is shocking. I still haven't completely processed the whole thing. Being a JW was my life. I believed it and gave everything to it.

Please stay around. I like having people like you on the forum - people who are familiar with the older days, remember the Franz era, remember the excitement of the times we thought the end was imminent, etc. Things are really different in JW land now, and I believe we are going to see more changes in the near future and would value your analysis and input.

Glad you joined.

• truth doubter
    truth doubter

Thank you for the welcome. I look forward to mutual encouragement and experience sharing.

truth doubter

• prologos
    prologos
    Glad you joined.and you never have to doubt the truth, the truth about the truth, truth dobter.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    You might already know this, but in case you don't... if you receive a PM (private message) it will show up as a number by the little envelope at the top of the page, a little right of center (to the left of the search box and the sign in / sign out box). I sent you a PM, so you should have at least one message.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was baptized 43 years ago and pretty much have done and seen it all.

Based upon my calculations, I think we were baptized the same year. Welcome aboard. I look forward to your contributions.

• jaydee
    jaydee
    😴 😴 😴....no longer asleep ...excellent...👍👍👍
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Welcome! I like having long timers around as well! This makes 45 yesrs since I was dunked, back in 1971!

Dwain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit