April 2017 Study Watchtower encourages you to defy The Society !

by BluesBrother 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

At least, that is how I see it... The article "The Judge of All The Earth Always Does What Is right"

Paragraph 6 & 7

6 Consider the experience of Willi Diehl. Beginning in 1931, Brother Diehl served faithfully at the Bethel home in Bern, Switzerland. In 1946, he attended the eighth class of Gilead School in New York, U.S.A. After graduation, he was eventually assigned to the circuit work in Switzerland. In his life story, Brother Diehl related: “In May 1949, I informed headquarters in Bern that I planned to marry.” The response from the Bern office? “No privileges other than regular pioneering.” Brother Diehl went on to explain: “I was not permitted to give talks . . . Many no longer greeted us, treating us like disfellowshipped persons.”

7 How did Brother Diehl handle that situation? He stated: “We knew, however, that getting married was not unscriptural, so we took refuge in prayer and put our trust in Jehovah.” Eventually, the mistaken view regarding marriage that prompted the injustice was corrected, and Brother Diehl’s privileges of service were restored. His loyalty to Jehovah was rewarded.
    * We do well to ask ourselves: ‘Would I demonstrate a similar spiritual outlook if I experienced such injustice? Would I patiently wait on Jehovah, or would I be inclined to take matters into my own hands?’

So what did this man do? Obey The Society and ditch his fiance ? No, he listened to his conscience based on Scripture and his knowledge of God , married her anyway and eventually it all worked out.

So what is the lesson? Follow your conscience not the rules.....

• Tallon
    Tallon

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing this.

• schnell
    schnell

I'm sure that slipped the editor's mind.

They have an editor right? And he has a mind?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yes but the view their putting across is no matter what we do or teach stay with us and continue to obey us and give us your money and if you feel something is unjust be patient and jehovah will fix it.

• schnell
    schnell

"Don't give up," in other words.

Oh wait... Deuteronomy 18:20-22 leads you away from the Borg, Numbers 31:17-18 leads you away from the Bible as a moral authority, Ezekiel 1 leads you away from the idea that the Bible is free of astrology, Ezekiel 28 (about Tyre not being rebuilt) leads you away from the Bible as prophecy, etc. etc. etc.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Correct we if I'm wrong but I see absolutely contrary reasoning in this article which asks:

"Would I patiently wait on Jehovah, or would I be inclined to take matters

into my own hands?"

This man went against what the Branch (the Society) was

strongly suggesting (Don't marry) and did what he thought best

Great!

So why can the Watchtower bring us to the above "point" when it is

the exact OPPOSITE of what the man did?

:0)

• Half banana
    Half banana

Thanks for posting this thought BB, It seems to set a precedent which will not help the interests of the JW org.

It is demonstrating the profound wisdom of using common sense instead of obeying the governing body.

Either the org is losing heart or they are softening up in the face of mass disillusionment among the flock. Whatever is behind this dilution of control, it gives the individual JW to make his own decisions on teachings.

This reasonable approach means losing authority... without authority there is no control. JWs will start believing just what they want to.

Good move GB!

• flipper
    flipper

BLUES BROTHER- Very interesting article, thanks for sharing. My take on this is the WT Society is continuing the indoctrination to rank & file JW's that the WT Society is NOT infallible , but there's a catch to it. The quote " Eventually, the mistaken view regarding marriage that prompted the injustice was corrected, and Brother Diehl's privileges of service were restored . His loyalty to Jehovah was rewarded. "

Translation : " We the WT leaders or Governing Body may due to imperfections mistakenly may render injustices by taking away privileges temporarily- but we always follow Jehovah's holy spirit and CORRECT these injustices and misunderstandings - so Jehovah will reward you if you just stay patient, keep your mouth shut and respond to the discipline - for " whom Jehovah loves he disciplines " . This is how I see the WT Society putting out this info. They may screw up- but no big deal in their view - they think they'll get it right and rank & file JW's need to remain patient and endure suffering WHILE the GB tries to get it " right "

• skin
    skin

Another thing too, I wonder if there is a bit more to this story than they published. Has anyone heard of anyone else losing privileges because of getting married?

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Watchtower point: "We teach blatantly wrong shit, but that's ok, in fact we see it as a form of sifting out the not so honest-hearted ones."

More gas lighting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit