Do you think I should get something for my wife for her birthday?

by schnell 26 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

We were told we don't celebrate birthdays because it's a sign of pride. However I celebrate my or a loved ones birthday because it's been 365 days since the last one, and their is another year of life to look forward too. Why not tell your wife the gift is given, because you are celebrating not her birthday, but her life?

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

In my opinion I would definitively get her a gift. Being female I can tell you we LOVE getting gifts. No matter how big or small. It's usually the gesture that counts. And like others have mentioned, wrapping it nicely (if possible) is always a plus. (Bc we hardly get to unwrap gifts-if ever) Whether you want to say it's for her birthday is entirely up to you. Only you know if your wife would feel guilty/bad about it or not. I know she will appreciate the gesture no matter what you do!

Good luck! (Wait, I can say that now right?) ;)

d.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Totally! a wrapped gift... hmmmm, Do you know her style in earrings?

and also, a gift of 'dancing lessons'? some thing you do together, that makes her say, "Hey, I like doing this better than going to meetings?" Plus it gets her brain out of 'meetingville', haha!

On the card, "Just because I love you"

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

cha ching

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Ladies.............what is the perfect gift?

My wife's Bday and our anniversary will be here soon enough. What does one give to a woman that has everything?

Some of us guys lack originality and none of are Venusian, so your thoughts and suggestions will be greatly helpful and appreciated.

• Tapioca
    Tapioca

DOC:

My opinion is that you'll have to do the homework (see other posting by Schnell). He used previous discussion to launch a verbal investigation. You may have to do the same. There may be subtle clues you can pick up. Also, do not dismiss asking someone of her friends to help you out. For a woman who has everything, you want to get her something that she would like to have, but wouldn't purchase for herself. Make it all about her.

What a bunch of fun to celebrate someone's life! And their impact on yours! Good luck, man.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Ladies.......what is the perfect gift? - DOC

I am not a lady but allow me to weigh in on this. Young or old........no lady will refuse tasteful jewelry that was picked out by a thoughtful man.

It doesn't need to be overly expensive either.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

You might want to try giving it directly after her Bday. JWs are legalists after all, and this always worked for my mother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit