• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What EVIDENCE is there that elders are appointed by holy spirit? Hint: none

Case closed.

NO HOLY SPIRIT!

(Can't believe that I ever believed that BS!) [Just call me} DOC

• zeb
    zeb

Ask the victims of abuse who gave evidence at the ARC how good their Elders were at being 'loving shepherds''.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Every text can be summed up as:

OBEY THE GB!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

If publishers heard what elders talk about in meetings......they way they make fun of some people......they would never consider going to them for anything. Especially how they speak about depressed, single sisters.

I'm sure any other men on here that served as an elder can expound on that......

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes indeed daringhart13!

I can verify that many times over! Oh the stories I could share about the way some elders spoke about members of the "flock"!

I pulled one up once by saying "do you think we should be so quick to judge our 'poor flaxen wicks and crushed reeds' in the congregation? We don't know their circumstances, and even if we did, we should always be kind!"

That was the beginning of the end for how I was treated by the rest of the body...

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Gifts in men, a shelter from the storm?" OMG...gag!

The majority (not all) of the Elders are arrogant, self righteous pricks. We are even witnessing some who are alcoholics and prescription med addicts.

So the holy spirit chooses a man who rapes a child? Really WT!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Some great points made here :

"What do shepherds ultimately DO with the sheep which they shepherd? "

Fleeced, lamb chops, mutton stew....etc etc

"If the shepherds DO NOT care for the sheep properly, are the sheep to be blamed if they wander off?

Matt 18.6

"But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who have faith in me, it would be better for him to have hung around his neck a millstone that is turned by a donkey and to be sunk in the open sea."

Luke 12.48

"But the one who did not understand and yet did things deserving of strokes will be beaten with few. Indeed, everyone to whom much was given, much will be demanded of him, and the one who was put in charge of much will have more than usual demanded of him."

The Bible agrees with us......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit