Why is the white race so different?

by Crazyguy 133 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Ok thanks for the information looks like my information was incorrect. I knew of some racial variations in other races other then Caucasian but thought they were much more rare. I was thinking that maybe Caucasians maybe had Neanderthal DNA in them or some silmiliar pre human that wasn't in the other races or at least not as much.

When one reads about a group like the Bask for example having a much greater percentage of their group with RH negative blood it makes one wonder why and how this came to be. I was just wondering if DNA studies have pointed to any kind of conclusion.

• barry
    barry

Both caucasians and Asians have neanderthal and deavanon DNA Africans don't have this

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've got kinfolk who are very dark with greenish-gray eyes.

When I was a child, I was afraid of them.

We humans come in so many varieties.

• Perry
    Perry
    I was thinking that maybe Caucasians maybe had Neanderthal DNA

Yes they do! We all do because Neanderthals are human. Just more natural variation based on breeding.

Notice the prominent brow ridges. Must be a primitive human, right? Many Aborigines have this feature as well. One well-know Russian boxer has what looks like a "neanderthal" shaped skull:

And no, he was not thawed from Siberian ice and taught to shave with his ax, though it was humorous & gracious of him to pose for this image.

He was elected to a Russian legislature after retiring.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Crazyguy... have you ever read Gun, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond?

pbrow

• cofty
    cofty

Crazyguy you are correct. There is far more variety in hair and eye colour among Europeans than among Africans and Asians. This fact is blindingly obvious.

Of course any mention of race provides an opportunity for virtue signalling as we see in this thread.

You are 'probably' right about European inter-breeding with Neanderthals but that might not be the explanation. A very small percentage of Africans do have blue eyes. This is often due to a genetic condition known as Waardenberg Syndrome.

According to a team of researchers from Copenhagen University, a single mutation which arose as recently as 6-10,000 years ago was responsible for all the blue-eyed people alive on Earth today.

The team, whose research is published in the journal Human Genetics, identified a single mutation in a gene called OCA2, which arose by chance somewhere around the northwest coasts of the Black Sea in one single individual, about 8,000 years ago..

The rapid spread of this mutation is probably due to sexual selection. "This is where males and females choose as their mates those who have one unusual physical characteristic, not necessarily associated with “fitness” per se but simply something unusual."

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I don't need to add anything more to the quote below so I won't

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/3326376/African-DNA-has-more-genetic-diversity.html

Like astronomers who build ever-larger telescopes to peer deeper into space, population geneticists are probing the human genetic code in unprecedented detail, confirming our origns in Africa, where today the most genetically diverse range of people reside.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The white race(s) interbred with Neanderthals, and some scientists believe fair hair and skin often occurred in Neanderthals.

Interbreeding with Neanderthals is believed to have occurred with other groups of humans who left Africa (I think).

Some people have been found to have Neanderthal DNA (e.g. Bill Bailey - he even looks like one!).

Sub-Saharan Africans aren't believed to have interbred with Neanderthals.

Edit: just saw Barry's post.

• snowbird
    snowbird

To expand on the points Barry made about IQ tests, it was foretold by Noah that the Semitic groups would have the ascendancy over the Japhetic and Hamitic.

There must be something to this, because, on every continent, Hamites have lagged behind in all areas.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

luvunihate exams

apparently there was a migration back to Africa from Eurasia approx 15,000 yrs ago and nowadays scientists acknowledge that Africans do have neanderthal DNA. this is fast moving science and recent studies confirm this

snowbird that is an ideological explanation that some people favour

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit