Will "social distancing" help JWs wake up.

by Tantalon 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

With the existing and still to come COVID19 lock downs in many countries I wonder if not being obliged to attend meetings and field service will give many JWs the opportunity to clear their mind a little and start to see the cracks. I know they will be expected to log on to their devices but with no one other than family to monitor this it could be a circuit breaker for many. Of course the fear of end times pestilence may counter that. What do you think?

Sorry I just saw the other post about using cameras on your device to check up on the faithful.The die hards will lap it up, being locked down while the avenging angel with his bucket of Covid 19 swoops down on the neighbors. Should have guessed, so glad to be out

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

They GB is fighting this any way they can. So says the March 16, 2020 letter from the UK HQ: "It is also the Governing Body’s earnest desire that bodies of elders continue to conduct regular, weekly congregation meetings." Lest you be able to start thinking on your own.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Regular weekly congregation boasting sessions? I suppose field circus is also required, even if they pretend to suspend it. Great way to spread coronavirus through the whole territory.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Nearly all of the jw's that I know and talk to (all of my immediate family) are looking at this situation as a ' stay-cation' or a stay at home vacation from the wt treadmill of endless and continuous meetings/f/assemblies/conventions! Inwardly they are not disappointed and once they realize that they can find alternative activities to fill the dull void of continuous meetings/f/assemblies/conventions no telling what might happen.

just saying!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I was watching John on his youtube channel Ex Jw Analyzer the other day.

He was relating how he thought that there was no way he would ever leave the JW's their theology, their way of life, their hope for the future etc, etc...

He went on to relate how there were times when in Dubland the JW's had to be away from meetings, FS, assemblies and stuff. He explained how relieved and depressurized it was to be away from the constant hamster wheel of ''theocratic stuff'' like constant meetings, FS, CO visits, a$$emblies and alike. He rationalized to himself he enjoyed the extra evenings off, the entire weekend free-up.....

You never know. Sometimes the most staunch, zealous, and devout JW's see through the cracks and ''wake-up"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sometimes the most staunch, zealous, and devout JWs are the ones that wake up the hardest.

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

no social distancing allowed

GB pressures BOEs to hold meetings via Zoom or Skype

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

No. It's become an opportunity to rehearse for the great tribulation. Tomorrow my wife will watch the meeting on Zoom at my son's home. Last week she connected on the phone to listen to a talk given somewhere in Florida and we're in Canada. I have seen Facebook posts from JWs saying how the governing body works hard to protect them and how they should obey to be safe. This pandemic is making JW delusional about who can really save them and I have to resist telling them that the Watch Tower doesn't do anything at all to support the medical field and research, which is the only hope to get through this.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

No hairdresser, beauty salons, barber's for possible 12 weeks

Would you let your other half near you with sharp objects.

What's the thoughts of sisters with beard's?

When on zoom where others can see you.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Zoom is a new and exciting thing for my wife and her dub friends and family. But, they also love not going out to the meetings, not having to get completely dressed up (like just a blouse with slacks or no makeup). Over time the newness and exciting part will wear off and it could become a bit tedious. Plus IMO it's much harder to focus and actually remember what is being said when you're not there in person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit