Availability Crisis of Conscience.

by Ben131895 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

If Ray wanted that he would have done it when he was alive, I would think. The copyright holder is trying to do what Ray wanted, not what the copyright holder wants, or the rest of us.

I found TTATT before I read his books....through reading WT books and history. It is better to get a wide range of sources so that jws cannot say you are a follower of a man.

• Hecce
    Hecce

At the Spanish forum, a few years back there was a big controversy around Raymond Franz and his books, some of the participants were of the opinion that his books should be available for free.

A wealthy Spanish exjw tried to negotiate with RF and offered him a substantial amount of money for the copyright, that was not accepted and RF position was that he wanted full control of his writings.

There was a lot of opinions about this matter and the discussion became so heated that some of the friends left the site for good. Looking back I think that RF was handling his work as a "mom and pop" operation and was not aware of the tremendous value of his writings; the arrangements after his death are a reflection.

At this time his will and desires are to be respected hoping that in the near future the pending matters could be solved and the books will be available.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit