Availability Crisis of Conscience.

by Ben131895 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I'm of the opinion this was one of Cynthia Franz dumbest moves. She transferred the copyright to the person she knew the best who also happened to be the worst possible choice for the task involved. Very sad.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wish they'd say how much they'd be willing to sell the copyright for and people could consider making them an offer.

They'd get some money, the book would be back in circulation. Everyone happy.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I think if " Crisis of conscience" was readily available for PURCHSE, it would appeal to a very small circle of current doubting witnesses, and those that do purchase would have already found the answers they are looking for. This is because I believe the theme that made " crisis of conscience" so important was the identifying of the corruption of the G.B, However that corruption of those past egotists, is continuing to be repeated today by current G.B members and therefore the past evidence becomes less abstruct.

I believe that the current exposure, and the holding up to the light of Georry Jackson lying under oath at the Australian " Royal Commission" his lying about child abusers is of much more value than history. I write this because today we have the very essence of evil, current evil, and future evil of the G.B. This is what will awaken current members, not history.

The organisation is alive in its evil. not alive in its past evil. Past evils can be forgiven by members, but no witness in a " crisis of concience" should be forgiven if they accept the current evil of the " G. B" with a good "concience".

Therefore I believe a witness who can forgive past mistakes in the book " crisis of concience" will not find it so easy with a good "concience" to live with present accounts of Watchtower evil that are harder to ignor.

The Rebel

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

The owner of this website is a publisher. She has talked extensively with the copyright holder.

Try asking her what she knows . JWvictims.org

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Ask Cedars????

Joke...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

As much as CoC was pivotal in my and many others' awaking, I fear that the time this is taking to get this book officially back out there is reducing it's relevance. We now have so many resources and routes to information for those waking up, I wonder how many people would be that bothered by the book, especially if it has any kind of a significant cost to it.

I would hate to see it fade into the background or be some relic of the past but the current slow progress is doing nothing to keep it as a "must read".

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I don't know if it is still available, but a while back there was an AUDIO version on YouTube.
    Let me check . . .

Nope! In my opinion, as an Audiobook, it was quite effective because Ray Franz

wrote in an intimate conversational style. This accessible presentation was handy for driving on long trips and learning at the same time.

It was obviously somebody's bootleg "public service" effort.
    I tried doing an audio version of my book and I was ready to tear my hair out at the effort it took to do an acceptable version. I failed.

The Audio of C of C was nicely done.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

any news?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's becoming outdated and is losing it's relevance as a tool for extracting current cult members. If it doesn't become easily accessible to the general public in the very near future, it will be worthless to the owners of the copyright. It is already becoming useless to activists who still want to use it.

• Sevan
    Sevan

I read Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom recently as a PDF on Scribd. Not sure if this is a legal distribution or not.

I found both books immensely helpful in confirming my awakening, along with jwfacts.com, jwsurvey.com, YouTube and message boards. Wikipedia helped a lot too, because a lot of the information can be confirmed on Wikipedia with sources. Also Watchtower Documents was really helpful to be able to look at the actual literature in question.

Honestly, Cedars videos on YouTube are what woke me up initially. I was actually looking up Witness videos on YouTube and stumbled across his channel. So, regardless of whatever controversy there is, his videos are valuable and very helpful.

I tried to buy CoC on Amazon and it was like $175. I ended up downloading Scribd just so I could read CoC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit