The toxic JW Worldview

by TD 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

“Current events? -Nope. Hobbies? -Nope. Your job? -Nope. Their job? -Nope. Travel? -Nope. Financial planning/strategies? -Nope. Education? -Nope. Art? -Nope. Literature? -Nope. Entertainment? -Nope. Maybe a good book you've read? -Nope.”

I so agree. I used to get a little sad, missing my old friends and JW family. But then I remember the agita of having to check the conversation because their lives and their conversation is totally only WT related. Nothing else. I just talked with JW who shared with me their business was on the news. I told them I was so excited because I was in the process of buying a little place in the desert for retirement. Crickets.

I keep falling for the expectation of a normal conversation, and every time I’m reminded that I’ve changed and I longer in that space.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

They are just like first-graders. A simple question like "When looking to the moon you will have to look up to see it. Suppose you are standing on the moon, will you have to look up or down to see the earth?"

On most of them it will draw a blank

Just sayin' ... don't expect too much. It's precious time wasted!

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    JW attitude to politics is very problematic. Christians should be involved in politics, in these ages we need to join the fight against political islam, multiculturalism and globalist extremist agendas that hate us. Christians should also learn use of guns and join the army. Of course we can come into situations where we must refuse to obey, but basically we are to love our neighbor which means to take a loving responsibility in governing affairs. That is part of our ruling with Christ (Revelation 20:4).
  • Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I have heard the name so many times, Joe hoover, that when I hear it on tv or some other religion mentions that name, I cringe inside from all the times this name has been overused and abused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit