After 17 years, I went to a KH....really shocked!!

by Prometheus 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Everything seemed so odd and strange during the meeting. Latest technology, animated movies, Watchtower web TV, a website that you can download everything, including KM and WT study articles. My relatives told me that in the D,A the drama was movie animated as well, so no more costumes or the anticipation from the assigned Cong to prepare the drama. And the cherry on the cake, the last song!!! Hell what was that!!!??? I thought I was in the Caribbean, drinking Pina Colada!

For someone who has been away for so long it looked like it was another religion, The only thing that looked very familiar, and confirmed that I was in WT meeting, was that the End is still near!!!

.........................................Image result for Watchtower logo

...............................Image result for hiccups logo

GIF

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I left only 3 years ago and even I'm struggling with all the changes.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

For someone who has been away for so long it looked like it was another religion, The only thing that looked very familiar, and confirmed that I was in WT meeting, was that the End is still near!!!

It is not the same experience one felt before. The music, the program, everything has changed. 2016 to 2017 are very critical years. Things are not the same in the org.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Guys, if we aren't careful we're in danger of becoming nostalgic!

• jws
    jws

The tech... Maybe about 2 or 3 years ago, I went to a District Convention just to see what it was like these days. I didn't have any of the books except the Bible. But instead of carrying anything, I downloaded everything to my phone. I even found a JW bible in the app store. The latest mags, the song book, the convention program, etc. I sat there holding only my iPhone. When scriptures were read, I looked them up quickly with a few taps on my bible app whilst there was rustling of pages from all around - that took a LOT longer.

Almost nobody was using tech and I live in one of the larger urban areas of the country. One that has a lot of corporate headquarters and technology. These people should have been with it. I hear it's changed now and they're doing a lot more tech. I got a letter from my sister saying she has 2 ipads and teaches other people at the hall how to use them. WTF? My sister and her husband were so tech-phobic 5 years ago that they didn't even have internet or email and were smug and proud of it.

• Simple Minds
    Simple Minds

all the new shiny thing are just to pacify the restless rank and file who are starting to wake up

ha ha, it must sound funny saying that to someone who has been out for seventeen years, it is me who is just waking up

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    I just played the new kingdom melody for my family, we all were laughing at how much things are changing.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

" For someone who has been away for so long it looked like it was another religion"

I contend that it is another religion from the one we left, the unique core doctrines have all changed.

• Landy
    Landy
    joe134cd5 hours agoI totally understand where you are coming from. I left only 3 years ago and even I'm struggling with all the changes.

Why would you be stuggling with their changes if you've left???

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    For someone who has been away for so long it looked like it was another religion

It is. It 'overlapped(tm)' with the previous one.

Ask them to explain the 'new light(tm)' on 'generations(tm)'; sit back with popcorn and cola and watch them tie themselves into knots or fob you off with a video. They simply can't explain it, at least not without using unrelated scriptures.

Warning: the leaders want your money. Don't give them a penny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit