Link To Meetups With 2,590 Ex-Jehovah's Witness http://exjw.meetup.com/memb

by jnomdeplume@yahoo 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

I attended my first Meet-Up two months ago and I had a great time: click here for my experience

It's natural to be cautious about who may be there so if you have any concerns you might want to think about how much you are willing to reveal about yourself to strangers. But the people I've met so far have been lovely, and I'm looking forward to attending more Meet-Ups in the future.

• benext
    benext

The last two NYC meetups were cancelled due to lack of interest. Last month 13 voted but only 3 confirmed. Puzzling.

• jnomdeplume@yahoo
    jnomdeplume@yahoo

I just checked and about 20 more people have signed up. That's great!

• onacruse
    onacruse

We've had a couple that were "cancelled" due to lack of RSVP (4 min), but we went anyway, and even if just one other person was there, it was fun. And there've been times when several who RSVPd didn't make it...ha! it ain't like this is a Service meeting or sumpthin.

Craig

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

One has to wonder.

Being so close to the two respected countries' Bethels, if this has any influence on the meet-ups in these two major North American centres? So close that they are still feeling the spiritualistic influences of Bethel. (not my quote above)

Just wonderin'?

Still playin' by JW rules?

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I was interested to note that there is also a Jehovah's Witness meetup. I guess, it is not surprising that only 20 have signed up as opposed to the 2,612 for ex-JWs. I mean, why would you need a meetup to meet Jehovah's Witnesses in your area? Except I was under the impression that 1) social gatherings have been more and more discouraged by the powers that be and 2) internet use for anything has been definitely discouraged. Anyhow, thought it was funny.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Every one of Edmonton's meetups has been cancelled. Craig, I am going to try showing up anyways next time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit