Are these books worth anything?

by moomanchu 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Leonard Chretien once said that the WT's worst enemy is its own literature.

I think it's worth keeping, if only to show to JWs when it becomes old light and they deny the WT ever taught it.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

early original Russel and Rutherfraud are the only books worth the big bucks I believe

• James Jack
    James Jack

I wish I kept mine, it would make it easier to win arguments. Most of the Witnesses today rely only on what the Org puts out. The Online library only goes back to 2000(whitewash the past) and most people won't believe " what comes from the Internet ". Their own publications is their own worst enemy.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Thanks for the replies and that confirms my suspicions, garbage then and garbage now.

Slimboyfat, that book is a bible with a make sure of all things book bound into it.

I covered it like that because my name is embossed on the front.

My sister in law bought it for a wedding gift.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot
    Is that a pillow from Bethel? Throw it out too.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Bible + “make sure” book bound together is a slight oddity that might be worth a couple of dollars. Not much, but the rest not really worth anything.

Most people won’t have old publications, but a few recent publications/ephemera might not thing of can be worth a couple of dollars: Proclaimers book, Aid, Kingdom Interlinear, Byington, Diaglott, pioneer book, elder book, assembly programs, assembly badges, Kingdom ministries, forms, letters, food tickets, scripture banners, cart banners, Kingdom news (!) issues, anything in foreign languages, branch guides, dedication programs, among other things worth looking out for.

• dozy
    dozy

The irony is that a couple of the books ( Like "Is This Life All there Is" , written by Reinhard Lengtat ) are actually not too bad , as they were written by real scholars like Ed Dunlap or overseen by Ray Franz , during the brief period in the mid 70's when it seemed that JWs would transition into something more of a mainstream Christian type religion before the hardliners won out in the late 70's. .

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Not sure where you are based but I'm after a kingdom interlinear

I would offer them on reddit or eBay ( buyer to pay shipping obvs) because okmany people believe it's important to keep hard copies of what they printed since they maintain apostates change things in pdf form if the dubs don't believe what's in front of their eyes!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Slim assembly badges,

I know people collect assembly badges.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Are these books worth anything?

Image result for toilet paper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit