Are these books worth anything?

by moomanchu 27 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

23 years out and I'm still purging this trash.

I still have 1 box of JW stuff left.

• zeb
    zeb

Buy a shredder. Old paper makes good addition to the garden.

• LV101
    LV101

I wouldn't trash it -- at one time (moons ago on H20?) someone indicated a collection of WT garbage (books) went for thousands - seriously! I find it hard to believe but you might have it listed on eBay or check out first.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I wouldn`t mind "The Kingdom Interlinear of The Christian Greek Scriptures" or even "Life Everlasting In freedom Of The Sons Of God "

Just saying

• JRK
    JRK

Literature is like a bedbug infestation. You think you have rid yourself of them, but then you find another box!

JK

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

well, in these 80's ou 90's, there was still something to read... Today, the doctrine is just "trust the governing body, obey and be blessed". and watch stupid videos...

• dozy
    dozy

Some of the really old stuff ( Russell / Rutherfords time ) goes for good money to collectors. When I was congregation secretary we had a lot of old books in the congregation library and I decided to have a clear out and sell them and we got about £300 for congregation funds. Looking at your selection there though , I don't see anything that would fetch anything that would cover the postage costs.

After I left I had a lot of old bound volumes and made a bonfire of them. It felt quite good to purge them on a psychological cathartic level.

• WingCommander
  • sir82
    sir82

Looks like most of that stuff is from the 70s & 80s.

Books with any collector value at all are from the 30s & earlier.

What you have there is pretty much worthless, in more ways than one.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not worth anything, but I am curious what the book beneath the blue Creation and old songbook is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit