DEATH: How have you prepared? Funeral, cremation, donate body to Science?

by TerryWalstrom 27 Replies latest jw friends

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Well, hell!

I had dizzy spells and near-fainting and nausea for a few days, so why wouldn't I start thinking about Death, ya know?

Am I just very lax in my responsibilities in having NO PLANS at all?
    Isn't that irresponsible? Sure it is.

So, today I made arrangements to donate my body to Science!
    The body is collected and no expenses are incurred at all! Yipee.

I hate the idea of a funeral. It is morbid and joyless. Did I just say "joyless?"

I think a party/memorial with snacks, drinks, and merriment makes much more sense. I want life celebrated by those who give a chit. No maudlin sobfest for me!

WHAT PLANS, if any, have you made?
    Do you even care?
    If so, are you a control freak about how it's supposed to be?

Funerals are horribly costly and that means the burden falls on your relatives if you make no plans ahead of time.

Let me hear from you how you're handling (not handling) DEATH!

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Get well soon. Is it your backbone, cervical spine that causes nausea? Do you consume your daily water ration to perserve your brain performance until your afterlife in the school books, do you eat nuts and enough omega?

• Tallon
    Tallon

Am I just very lax in my responsibilities in having NO PLANS at all?
    Isn't that irresponsible? Sure it is. .... TerryWalstrom

Yep; I'm ashamed to admit it however, I've made no plans in this regard.

I had better make arrangements now, rather than leave my immediate family in the lurch!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Donate body but more likely.......... cremation.

Cremation is about $1600 to $2000 with no viewing of the remains. It's just in and out pick up the ashes.

There's a beautiful trout stream a few miles away. It's on a fault line so there are incredible rock formations that create small waterfalls, deeper pools etc. It flows down from the Blue Ridge Mountains........ it's clear as can be. The place looks, sounds and is joyful.

My alternative plan is to sprinkle the ashes at the historic Lexington Cemetery. The headstones date back to the 18th century through the civil war plenty of good company.

• Zoos
    Zoos

I've told to housemate to just set my carcass out on the curb come trash day and don't worry about it.

• prologos
    prologos

Have made my own coffin, loosely patterned after the last late pope's, actively shopping for a burial plot, perhaps cheaper used, I mean second hand, and for upright position, (real estate always good investment, look at brooklyn sales) even if you have to move and sell. Do not take your death lightly, it is a glorious act, part of fulfilling your life's mission. Make sure you have the three survival means, genes passed on and legacy, well, you are recorded here.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I was once asked by my uncle what arrangements would I like if I were to pass away. After I finished telling him he asked who would pay for it. I guess that means cremation.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Have you visited your doctor? Have you been taking any new medication recently, perhaps an antacid?

• Island Man
    Island Man

Dizziness and nausea could be symptomatic of an inner ear problem. I'm not sure if near-fainting would be a symptom. You should really see a doctor to make sure it's nothing too serious.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i aint gonna die--ever.

just means i have to attend the meetings again.

aah sh1t--i think i'd rather die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit