Running Ahead of the Organization

by Sea Breeze 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

That was a phrase that used to irritate me to no end.

Good thing this woman wasn't a JW. Some people just can't wait.

https://www.facebook.com/wildlifeaddictionofficial/videos/420493758776119/

• blondie
    blondie

I would tell them that running ahead of the organization was not the same as running ahead of god; that was post-1975 and I would point to that, humbly or course.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

What did it mean to run ahead of Jehovah?

• blondie
    blondie

This is a catch-22 situation.

Running ahead of the organization IS running ahead of god.

Running ahead of god IS running ahead of the organization.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Blondie, I think the post is just a joke about this lady having a pet tiger before Watchtower's paradise arrives.

Anyway, if that's not what it is, I am confused.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

The Organisation(TM) is so far behind that a limping snail, going in the opposite direction could be in the lead by miles.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This used to irritate me too this phrase, because I used to think "well, if Jehovah is directing this Org, why arn't they up to speed ?"

The expression did not, if you took it at face value, infer you were doing anything wrong, just getting to the right destination first, so what was so wrong with eagerness like that ?

Of course the underlying accusation, unspoken, was that you don't have the right to choose the destination, you should allow the Org to lumber on and see where it goes, and follow. Like a brain dead sheep.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SEA BREEZE:

As far as I was concerned, this was a bullshit phrase to get you to stop thinking or voicing an opinion on something about the religion that was wrong.

• blondie
    blondie

OTWO, joke or not does not invalidate what I said.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    That is one thing that gets me is just how slow things travel through the org. Sometimes it can be weeks/months latter that my father will be discussing something I’ve found out on the internet. Case in point, I remember when that GB died and the news was almost viral on the internet, 48 hours before jwdotorg announced it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit