Waco Mini-Series on Netflix. Powerful and Scary.

by Simon 33 Replies latest social current

• caves
    caves

If anyone asks to much personal info on this matter I will not discuss as it hits really close to home but I will answer what I can that I feel comfortable answering (could be a legal issue).

How did I end up in the Waco Methodist home ? My JW guardian would drop me off when she got mad at me.(weeks at a time) Yes you read that right. Sick isn't it.

If it were not for a very amazing Judge in that county ( will not say the name of that most amazing Judge) that followed me from the age of 4 until adulthood I would not have survived.

Anyway back to the discussion.

David K did this. Do you mean that the netflix movie didn't show him literally burning some of his own followers alive? Before the raid!? Shocking.

• Simon
    Simon
    The fires by all accounts came from the BD's themselves so you cant blame the ATF for doing that and no they didn't throw fire bombs into the compound.

Do you genuinely have reading or comprehension issues or do you put effort into misrepresenting what people have said? Please tell me where anyone suggested the ATF "threw fire bombs" into the compound.

And "by all accounts" ... you mean the ATF and FBI accounts? Thank god they didn't have any reason to push any narrative that they were absolved of all responsibility eh?!

Even if the Branch Davidians started the fire, if there was a risk that they would then why didn't they have fire-trucks ready? Why start the assault on a day forecast to have strong winds? Oh, that's right - because they were incompetent government yahoos who didn't mind killing innocent people.

They had form for it. It's what they did.

It was also assumable that Koresh knew ..., so he wasn't going to ...
    He knew he had ... so he used that ...

Once again you are doing your mind-reading trick, telling what someone (deceased) was thinking via a video, this time across a 30 year time gap. We can guess at motivations, but we don't know for sure.

I find is shocking that many here are dismissive to this person's actions for in reality the whole unfortunate and sad event that killed so many was really caused by him.

Say I decide to rob a bank, and take people hostage. The keystone cops arrive and decide the way to end it is to fire 1,000 rounds of armour-piercing bullets into the building. Everyone dies and the building burns down. Yes, I triggered the initial event, but I am not the cause of every action taken by others, of every poor decision and for the deaths of those people.

Now take out the bit about robbing the bank and change it to the police thinking I might rob the bank. They do all the same things. Is it still "all my fault" as you suggest?

• cyberjesus
  • RolRod
    RolRod

I binged watched the series over a period of 3 days. I enjoyed it and remembered it well when it was actually happening. I did some research, they actually razed the building and built aa church on it. The Branch Davidians still exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit