How superstitious are you?

by ozziepost 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

For some time now, my profile shows that my average posts per day are 6.66. Now to some people this could be a bad omen.

What about you? Do you find that you try to avoid certain things because of "superstition"?

Well, are you superstitious?

When you were a zealous dub, were you still superstitious?

Just wondering.

Cheers, Ozzie

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

To me, admitting to be superstitious would be the equivalent of saying: "I'm stupid and ignorant, I don't understand the world around me or the relation between cause and effect and I fear imaginary beings who may be conspiring to do me harm in devilishly convoluted ways".

So no, I'm not superstitious.Visit Smiley Central!

• obiwan
    obiwan

Well I'm not superstitous, but the other day when I was givin change back after paying for gas the change came out to 9.11, made me stop and think for a minute.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    ...admitting to be superstitious would be the equivalent of saying: "I'm stupid and ignorant, I don't understand the world around me or the relation between cause and effect and I fear imaginary beings who may be conspiring to do me harm in devilishly convoluted ways".

I agree. I have no superstitions that I'm aware of. As a dub, I did try to find connectedness between my spiritual good or bad (as I percieved it then) behaviour, and things that would happen in my life. And of course, if you preconcieve a connection, you will find it, so I sometimes did. But, being fairly realistic at my core, the connection was always tennuous, and I usually left a little room for coincidence in events in my life.

Which btw, makes me think of something. Could there even be a more superstitious saying than: "there is no such thing as coincidence"?

• cat1759
    cat1759

As a witness I was afraid of the demons. Now I realize that demons were only in my head and I gave them life out of fear.

I believe in snychronicity.

Cathy

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I believe in snychronicity.

Hmmm. I believe in causality.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I tended to be a bit superstitious as a Dub, but when I left I relaxed much more about life and its quirks.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

My boyfriend has besides a mobile phone, also a beeper for emergencies. My code for the thing is *I picked it* 666

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

icint se mu screenn as ther ar too mnay luckyy charms hjanging offf it. Soory for teh tpyos.

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

I'm not superstitious but it does cause one to stop and think from time to time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit