For JWs..Jesus, The Way, The Truth, The LIfe.

by somebody 18 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

Here are the scriptures from the NWT, smiddy ( the bolding is mine though )

(Mark 5:19, 20) 19 However, he did not let him but said to him: “Go home to your relatives, and report to them all the things Jehovah has done for you and the mercy he has shown you.” 20 This man went away and started to proclaim in the De·capʹo·lis all the things Jesus had done for him, and all the people were amazed.

(Luke 8:38, 39) 38 However, the man from whom the demons had gone out kept begging to continue with him, but he sent the man away, saying: 39 “Go back home, and keep on relating what God did for you.” So he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city what Jesus had done for him.

Thank you for catching my mistake! :-)
    peace,somebody
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you somebody for replying , however I am not asking what the NWT says , I have one myself but regretfully discarded the word for word translation of the greek text published by the WT society.which could be different to what the NWT says.That`s why I asked if anybody has The Kigdom Interlinear Of The Christian Greek Scriptures , and quote what it actually says in the word for word text.of the scriptures cited .

As an example of their deception , in the KIT of john 1;1 it states " and God was the word" with no indefinite article such as "a" , however , in their interpretation of that scripture , they state that the word was "a" God.

But that`s not what their word for word translation states , do you get my drift ?

smiddy

• Lieu
    Lieu

The Greek word used in Mark is "kurios" or Lord.

The Greek word used in Luke is "theos" or God.

From Strongs.

• somebody
    somebody

Not sure if I know how to insert what I scanned from my, "The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures but I'm going to try."

• somebody
  • somebody
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

Sorry

Just to break up the comments on who was commenting on the thread, when I saw the comments 3 times in a row I thought that I was in Las Vegas and somebody won something.

Otherwise, just taking a peek.

Rub a Dub

• somebody
    somebody

RubaDub ( ha ha ha! That's a funny name! ), NAH. It was just me trying to figure out how to scan and then find what I scanned and then learn how to post it. It took me hours to find my KIT, and then more hours to figure out the rest! If I had won something big in Las Vegas, I probably would have posted more than 3 times in a row. :-)

peace,

somebody

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Thanks for your efforts Somebody.

From your scans I can see that Luke 8:39 uses the word "Ιησους" (Jesus), whilst Mark 5:19 uses the word "κύριος" (Lord) and I notice they use a capital (uppercase) "L" in the English, meaning God (you can check that under definition "C" on Bible Hub: http://biblehub.com/greek/2962.htm)

Thanks for the intriguing question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit