For JWs..Jesus, The Way, The Truth, The LIfe.

by somebody 18 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

· For what reasons does Jesus have the formerly demonized man tell others about what Jesus did?

But Jesus tells the man: “Go home to your relatives, and report to them all the things Jehovah has done for you and the mercy he has shown you.”Mark 5:19.

(Mark 5:18-20) . . .. 19 However, he did not let him but said to him: “Go home to your relatives, and report to them all the things Jehovah has done for you and the mercy he has shown you.” 20 This man went away and started to proclaim in the De·capʹo·lis all the things Jesus had done for him, and all the people were amazed.

From the book/brochure published by the WTBT INC. 2016

Jesus, The Way, The Truth, The Life

Chapter 45 Jesus, The Way, The Truth, The Life

Did NO JWs notice anything?

I would suggest that JWs SEARCH ALL the Watchtower publications using that scripture and Luke 8:38 AND 39

(Luke 8:37-39) . . .. 38 However, the man from whom the demons had gone out kept begging to continue with him, but he sent the man away, saying: 39 “Go back home, and keep on relating what God did for you.” So he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city what Jesus had done for him.

DID ANY JW's studying the "Jesus" booklet/ brochure pay ANY attention to chapter 45 and notice ANYTHING wrong with the questions asked at the end of the chapter?

If not, one of the 3 questions are at the BEGINNING if my thread! Read it and answer it!

• somebody
    somebody

Per usual, I mix everything up. If any JWs are here, tell us all why the question was asked, " For what reasons does Jesus have the formerly demonized man tell others about what Jesus did?" after quoting Mark 5:19. When in Mark 5:19 reads:

NWT

19 However, he did not let him but said to him: “Go home to your relatives, and report to them all the things Jehovah has done for you and the mercy he has shown you.”

My question is, DID JESUS HAVE THE FORMERLY DEMONIZED MAN TELL OTHERS ABOUT WHAT JESUS DID in the said scripture?

Obviously NOT. So what did JWs do when reading that book/brochure? Was the book brochure written for NON JWs ONLY?

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

There are a lot of back and forth quotes that can be found throughout the years. Playing the JW advocate they would say Jesus did with the power Jehovah gave him, so Jehovah did it. Bases covered.

• jhine
    jhine

I see where you are coming from ( and going to ) with this , but l think that sloppyjoe2 is right . Most , if not all JWs will rationalise those scriptures to fit in with WT teaching . As an outsider looking in it seems even JWs with doubts about WT theology will push them to the back of their minds until some personal experience causes them to question the organisation .

Jan

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I find this interesting because I didn't think the witnesses inserted "Jehovah" into Jesus' words in the Greek scriptures before. Was this in the NWT too, or just the revised NWT?

Blatant changing of the original text tho, for sure.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It's like Romans chapter 8 or 10 where they say all who call on the name of jehovah will be saved yet the scriptures just before mention Jesus , so if you read it in context in thier bible Jesus is jehovah .

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

For JWs.Jesus, The Way, The Truth, The Life.

No for JWS the Watchtower Corporation is the The Way, The Truth, The Light

The WTS disregarded much of what Jesus said in preaching the Gospel intentionally out of commercial reasons and intent toward its core agenda of literature proliferation..

• somebody
    somebody

FayeDunaway, I find it interesting too. Because when looking up on any year of WT cds, USUALLY both Mark 5: 18-20 AND Luke 8: 38-39 are avoided. There is a reason for that.

And yes, I quoted from the NWT. And those scriptures have not been changed YET by the WTBT INC. Give them time! ;-)

(Luke 8:38-39) NWT published by the WBTS Inc. ...

. . .. 38 However, the man from whom the demons had gone out kept begging to continue with him, but he sent the man away, saying: 39 “Go back home, and keep on relating what God did for you.” So he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city what Jesus had done for him.

Bolding mine

peace,

somebody

• somebody
    somebody

Crazyguy, YES! I'ts just like that! They have it both ways because the followers of the WBTS Inc. ALLOW them to!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Do Jehovah`s Witnesses believe what the Bible actually states in scripture ? or do they just accept what their current INTERPRETATION of scripture is.

I was always taught they believed what the scriptures actually said and not what others interpretated those scripture to mean.

Of course they always meant Christendom here ,particulary the R.C.Church , never themselves.

Getting back to the OP , what does the word for word translation say of the scriptures in question Luke 8:37-39

Mark 5:18-20 ?

in "The Kingdom Interlinear Of The Christian Greek Sriptures " printed by the WTB&TS , anybody ?

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit