How a rumor of assassination spooked the Watchtower

by Terry 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS selling agenda or acumen is and was to hype up fear that mankind is living in the last days since 1874 or moved up to 1914 and it did so by using current world events such as wars , political unrest , famine and earthquakes.

The turbulent 1960's fit the bill well, add in the 6000 years of mankind's existence to the mix and no wonder JWS at the time were living on a heighten edge of expectations.

I was there so I'm a personal witness to that.

Well it was effective to the poorly educated and emotional sensitive segment of the population, people who believe the mythological writings in the bible.

The commercialization of the Watchtower's products were sold with calculating hype, disingenuous corruption, fear and ignorance and the WTS/JWorg. pretty much still sells it religoius publishing cult in the same way.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Does all this indicate that hurricane Dorian is the beginning of the "great tribulation"?

just asking!

• Terry
    Terry

The Governing Body is really not just "governing" so much as it is a "re-interpreting and enforcement" body.
    It is - for all practical purposes of discussion - modeled on the Papacy with it's
    authoritative pronouncements. Except - there is a lawyering of language to insert deniability when it comes to owning what they break.

Stop and ask yourself a question. WHAT DO THE GB MEAN when they say
    they are constantly "studying" the scriptures (so as to identify NEW LIGHT) and pass along changes and interpretations??
    The Book is the Book is the Book. Unchanging.
    Only the Viewpoint can change. And it does. And it does again. And again, ad infinitum.

"Studying" means concocting in their framework. Ad Lib.
    Improvising themselves into and out of very black and white points of view requiring
    compliance, obedience, and unquestioning acceptance.

Seeing evidence of THE GREAT TRIBULATION in somebody's grilled cheese sandwich is a Catholic trick (substitute the Virgin Mary).
    Watchtower plays cards with a marked deck, sleight-of-hand style.

LEGAL repercussions are in present day doing more to shape New Light than any amount of scripture scrutiny.

If you've been inside the Organization from the 1950's (as I have) you've seen radical, dramatic shuffle-footing, dissembling, deflecting, reframing, and outright dishonesty again and again. When that happens there are only 2 outcomes.

1. Hang in and "wait on Jehovah" to set things straight (making you cognitively dissonant and inoculated against falsifiability and counter-argument.
    OR
    2. You leave and become nullified as a spokesperson or whistle-blower able to reach
    group 1.
    It is a social evolutionary process indemnifying hard-headedness as a virtue.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"Studying" means concocting in their framework. Ad Lib.
    Improvising themselves into and out of very black and white points of view requiring
    compliance, obedience, and unquestioning acceptance.

Well said Terry ... thank you

The WTS preaching Gospel has been a tainted commercialized fraud from the very beginning and still is to this day. Its been designed to lure the frail, naive, ignorant and gullible to the literature the WTS publishes but to also conjure up loyal followers and exploit them for money and free labor.

What the public doesn't see because they have been inadvertently blindsided is these men are really scripturaly false prophet apostates .

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Thank you Terry for this piece of history. It is much appreciated

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Very interesting posts Terry you are doing a public service

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sirhan......

I remember the events well, a shocking assassination. Word of a J W connection reached our cong. (U.K.) when our Cong.Servant ( pre elder times) mentioned it in a prayer . Later he explained that he had heard the news .

Did not the WT or Aw. Print a disclaimer ,under Watching the World , or something similar?

• Terry
    Terry

The Clintons could probably learn a thing or two about "Charity dummy corporations"
    from the Watchtower.
    I remember how shocked I was to see the word "charity" next to JW.

https://www.secularism.org.uk/opinion/2019/03/the-harm-caused-by-jehovahs-witnesses-shows-charity-law-reform-is-urgently-needed/

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Re. Terry‘s secularism.org link...

This bit particularly jumped out at me:

“...We have a bizarre situation where some 'charities' are so uncharitable to their own members that further charities are needed to undo the damage...”
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The only charity the JWS perform to the general public at large is none.

They give charity only to themselves or free labor in constructing their own buildings within their own organization .

,,,and of course lining the pockets of the top leaders with money for their personal use and means.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit