Interperatation of Revelation 13 due for an update?

by pale.emperor 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Regarding the Watchtower interpretation of Revelation 13 https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201105/seventh-world-power-bible-history/ - identifying the USA and Britain as part of the legs of Iron from Daniels vision... i think they're gonna have to update this one in the next decade.

Trump seems to be the last person who'd work closely with a female Prime Minister for one, secondly, us Brits aint so powerful as we once was. Trump appears to be pretty ok with dealing with Russia and for all we know could become an ally with them.

Your thoughts?

P.S. Now that i read the Watchtower interpretation of Revelation without my JW spectacles on, it's laughable that they come to these conclusions.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I'd love to see Revelation chapter 20 reviewed, but then again they can't cause it would destroy too many of their teachings regarding the second resurrection, the books or scrolls that are opened and the timing of such.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Britain and the US are the last superpower...Although there is room for a overlapping superpower in the shape of Russia and China! the Watchtower have managed to get away with the overlapping generation, so I'm sure with the ever rising power of Russia and China, and the inevitable fall of THE US and the UK as a superpower we will see something pulled out of the hat.

The worst thing about all this is, those who are indoctrinated will lap it up, and still think the end is near.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The Guardians Of the Doctrines aka the Watchtower GB are up a creek without a paddle with this and any other Bible interpretation. They have never got any prediction right. Their immortal truths hardly last a generation, sometimes it is only a handful of years before their teaching is seen to be transparently flawed.

They have no credibility...so what is the point of ever listening to anything the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses says?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

pale.emperor - "...Trump appears to be pretty ok with dealing with Russia and for all we know could become an ally with them..."

Putin may be a lot of things, but he's no moron.

He'd make sure that any "alliance" between him and The Donald will benefit Russia more than anyone else.

• Sanchy
  • Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Nice work Sanchy 😂😂

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Maybe now that jw's are familiar with the term "overlapping generations", they will also accept it when the gb introduces the term "under-performing prophecies".

just saying!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Wasn't it the November tv show that they said prophecy is only decernable after the event has happened?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    only decernable after the event has happened?

What is the point of prophecy if it only refers to history and can't be used for discerning the future?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit