Update on my DAing

by be wise 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Loris
    Loris
    They have gates on some halls now?

Gates and 8 foot chain link fences here. Fear of man has them by the you know whats.

My son who has not been to a meeting in over a year still has the keys to the gate, the KH and knows the "secret" code (1914) to the alarm system. They passed out so many keys and no one kept track.

Loris

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Loris

"secret" code (1914) to the alarm system.

How predictable ! our old one was 1935

bewise .

Congrats if you have done what you want todo. Personally, I will make them come and get me if they ever want me out, and I would take up as much of their time as I could, Why make it easy?

I know what you mean about nothing changing, last Christmas we went to home town to visit the Mother in Law. On Christmas Day about 9.45 am I saw an old friend from (gosh) 30 years ago . He was still with his Mother , still walking to the Ministry on the same street he had always worked . Offering new editions of the same magazines that still fortold the cataclysmic end of the system being "Very,very near". I felt sorry for him.

My life has not been so very great, but at least it has not stood still !

All the best bewise........Live long and prosper

Blues, who has just watched Startrek

• Odrade
    Odrade

Ha! All our dial-lock combinations were 1914. Like no one ever thought of that one!

• obiwan
    obiwan

Yeah, you should go in and reset them to 666! That'll wake'em up.

• Emma
    Emma

be wise,

Congratulations! Take a deep breath, hold your head up, feel how free you are!

Emma

• mustang
    mustang

or reset to 1975!!!

Mustang

• undercover
    undercover
    It suddenly hit me that nothing had changed.... ....i t was if I was suddenly stuck in a time warp, very strange because I got a reminder of some of the old feelings that I had forgotten about – my memory of it all suddenly came back but it was all so predictable (and a bit eerie I might add).

I was expecting change to be honest. You know you hear of all this so-called change and progress from JW’s and their literature, the organisation is changing (blah, blah), but I realised it was exactly the same thing it always used to be. Don’t know if anyone else felt this way?

I know the feeling. Time warp is the perfect terminology. You can forget what year it is, sitting and listening to the same old dribble rehashed. Not just the platform parts, but the "social aspect" before and after also. The same conversations, year in and year out.

Even when the WTS makes a change(like the generation thing), there will be a flurry of talk, then everything dies back down to the dull norm.

Not to mention the same brothers wearing the same suits, year after year after year after......

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Never look back. These people have no power over you. Give them nothing!

Glad someone else speaks my language. This is the whole crux of the matter. To be truly free one must take control of the situation. You have done this, be wise, and I'm proud of you.

With every brother or sister that leaves the organisation the shock-waves are felt all the way to Brooklyn. Believe me, the more who leave the more fearful the Borg becomes. Its hold on people's lives is now eroding quicker than at any other time in its history. The next few years are going to be mightily interesting.

Dansk

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Your comments remind me of the song Mad World by Gary Jules and how it apply to JWs so well...
    Click Here to download

Mad World
    Gary Jules

All around me are familiar faces
    Worn out places – worn out faces
    Bright and early for their daily races
    Going nowhere – going nowhere
    Their tears are filling up their glasses
    No expression – no expression
    Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
    No tomorrow – no tomorrow

And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
    The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
    I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
    When people run in circles it’s a very very
    mad world mad world

Children waiting for the day they feel good
    Happy birthday – happy birthday
    Made to feel the way that every child should
    Sit and listen – sit and listen
    Went to school and I was very nervous
    No one knew me – no one knew me
    Hello teacher tell me what’s my lesson
    Look right through me – look right through me

And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
    The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
    I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
    When people run in circles it’s a very very
    Mad world . . . world
    Enlarge your world
    Mad world

• onacruse
    onacruse

Dansk:

Its hold on people's lives is now eroding quicker than at any other time in its history. The next few years are going to be mightily interesting.

Yes indeed! Like nothing I've seen in 40 years. The post-75 rupture involved hundreds of thousands, and was event-specific. The trends of the last few years are much more generalized, are affecting millions, and are happening at a grass-roots level that cuts right at the core of the WTS psychological strangle-hold.

Good to hear from you again! Our best to you and the family.

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit