International convention in Poland

by FadeToBlack 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

The borg is a parasite -- so spoiled with subservient slaves.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    She will be embedded with a group of 90 Russians. As in, staying at the hotel with them.

As in...pay Watchtower for the privilege to be unpaid workers in a hotel?

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@AA: I didn't ask but that is probably a good thing to know beforehand. I just assumed (I have no idea why) that the JW's were taking care of that. Now that I think about it, it seems like something they would 'not' do.

• btlc
    btlc

Some years ago there was a Special Convention in my country (ex YU, many ethnicity with turbulent past mixed in relatively small area), and "convention program" included presentation each of them - culture, folk costumes, music and food, etc. In some cases, brothers and sisters had to pretend to be of the other ethnicity, just to fill the gap in the program, most of the appointed never before had any interest or idea about their own ethnicity and culture (let alone to others), and there they are, over night, jumping with tambourine in peasant's robe like clowns, explainig the differents between "this" and "that" - same people who teach for decades that you must forget your ethnicity once you joined to God's people. But if GB clowns says "dance", let's dance...

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

My wife's Uncle attended a convention in Warsaw a number of years ago. He said that no one could enjoy the Drama because no matter where your seats were, you were sitting behind a Pole.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Pete 😂😂😂😂:)) :)) :))

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I was invited by one of my wife's friends to go on a tour with her and her husband so they could get some feedback. They are getting some training to be tour guides and wanted to know how they were doing. Too much of this, too little of that. I said I had to work, Sorry.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes, we are located in a international city of choice. They had brothers and sisters lined up as tour guides, they had entertainment nights set aside, JW's located at the local attractions to make the delegates feel special. People were making trinkets for the delegates. It was a huge deal! Back in 2014, during the International assembly, they had a whole band and dancing at the local assembly hall. It was set up in the parking lot. There are Youtube videos posted.

Back in the day, my spouse and I took a lot of heat for playing a "worldly song" at our wedding. Our wedding was not in the KH. The scripture in 1 Corinthians 14: 40 was harped on. "But let all things take place decently and by arrangement." I am all for having a good time and I think it's a great idea to let the Brothers and sisters "let their hair down" but what happened? What changed? What was once frowned upon is now okay. It just goes to show you, if the 8 goons in NY sanction it, it's now okay to do.

Now...if I let a family member die because of the lack of a blood transfusion and the 8 goons decide to change that disgusting doctrine, how do I deal with that one? I guess then, "I could look forward to the resurrection." They have a damn answer for everything.

You just can't make this stuff up!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit