The ransom makes no sense

by BourneIdentity 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The Apostles John and Paul were zealots. The both believed Jesus would return before either of them died. In addition, they added their own teaching because they wanted things their way.

Then came the Roman Catholic Church which invented all sort of doctrine that Jesus never taught or is even Biblical. Heaven. Hell. Immortal souls. What books will be in the Bible. What books won't (Whatever happened to "all scripture is inspired"?)

The fecal matter really hit the oscillating blades in 1517AD with Martin Luther telling everyone "once saved, always saved" and "just read the Bible with your own understanding and that is all you need." Now we have over 40,000 denominations of Christianity thanks to Luther.

Jesus only taught this -

• Love everyone as you would love yourself
    • Judge no one
    • Chose forgiveness over justice
    • Take care of widows and orphans
    • Feed the hungry
    • Heal the sick
    • Be content with the necessities of life
    • Live in the moment and don't worry about tomorrow

As one professor wrote in his book "What Did Jesus Really Say - How Christianity Went Astray" - Read Matthew, Mark, and Luke. That is all Jesus taught.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

The ressurection happened ever since AD 70, that is why some can talk with the dead☺️🤭

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It took some 2,000 years for this fictitious entity to manifest the messiah that will lead us all into total enslavement. Jesus was nothing more than the archetype of the perfect slave--needed to thoroughly saturate this planet with rotten energy so it can become home for the reptilians. (And, by "reptilians", I am not referring to reptiles like snakes, turtles, lizards, and crocodiles that naturally live here but to humanoid aliens that are trying to ruin humankind so they can take possession of the planet). They put so much of their energy into this thing that people had to die in order to force them to believe in that thing.

Of course, these days it is so mature that almost no one has to be slaughtered because they will not believe in jesus, aside from those living in territories run by its sister religion (islam). Bibles are commonly available, each one a curse on the whole human race. And people readily believe in that thing--showing that we are ready for Noahide Laws to be imposed on us all. And each and every person believing that rubbish is part responsible--to the extent you seek to live by that bible (or quran, which does the same thing), you are donating energy to this cause.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Is God responsible for all the evil is a bit like the egg and hen talk. I read about the sick stuff that went in the horrible execution of Damiens, the renecide. He was teared apart with hot pincers and horses while the nobility was laughing. Some people had paid big sums to get close. Some were masturbating or having intercourse turned on by the spectacle. Chunks of his flesh was sold and eaten. Apart from being so directly gross we can say humans are not that brave. Therefore the vast majority of humans would serve and obey cruel dictators like the Germans did Hitler. I dont share the atheists worship of the shitty human race. But God has a plan with our wretched hides. Incredible really

• cofty
    cofty

Joan - So your defense of your perfect god is that humans are not always very good either.

Wow.

• Overrated
    Overrated

The whole Adam and Eve story and all the things in the bible leaves a question to believe. This is just to good to be true or does not make any sense to believe.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Cofty, thou ever hostile high priest of atheism. I despise Christian apolegetics and philosophy nearly as much as I do the human race ☺️🤭

• cofty
    cofty
    I despise Christian apolegetics and philosophy nearly as much as I do the human race - Joan

If being a christian makes you despise the human race then you need a new religion.

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love - John: 4:8

• TD
    TD

It's ironic that the JW's still claim that Barbour rejected the ransom given the fact that they are far closer to his view today than they are to Russell's

• cofty
    cofty

Exactly TD!

I don't think many - if any - JWs understand the difference. IMO it is this that distinguishes a JW from a mainstream xtian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit