A stupid text which raises many questions -
Sunday, June 26
There will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.—Matt. 24:21.
The earthly part of Jehovah’s organization is moving ahead in various ways. For instance, our understanding of Bible truth is constantly becoming clearer. This is to be expected, for “the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light that grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.” (Prov. 4:18) But we might well ask: ‘Am I keeping pace with refinements in our understanding of Scriptural truth? Is it my custom to read the Bible daily? Am I an avid reader of our publications? Do I and my loved ones have a weekly Family Worship evening?’ Most of us will agree that it is not too hard to do these things. Often it is just a matter of setting aside time to do them. And how important it is to take in accurate Scriptural knowledge, apply it, and make spiritual progress—especially now that the great tribulation is drawing so close! w145/15 4:2, 10
10 questions to ponder about after reading this text:
1. With all the recent scandals that have hit the organization & thousands leaving as evidenced in the 2016 yearbook statistics, hasn't the organization slowed down instead of rapidly "moving ahead?"
2. If the bible is truth, why is the "truth" presented so VAGUE & AMBIGUOUS? TRUTH should be clear in itself. It DOES NOT need to "become clearer!" (40,000+ Christian denominations... nuff said)
3. If "truth" "becomes clearer" & what was previously thought to be "truth" is no longer valid, does that not make JW's false teachers?
4. Why do JW's keep using Proverbs 4:18 when that scripture has NOTHING whatsoever to do with "the changing of light?"
5. When certain "truths" are changed entirely, isn't it deceitful to use the term "refinement?"
6. Can reading the bible daily make you a BETTER person? (Try reading the old testament!)
7. If JW's are required to be "avid readers" of the organization's publications, shouldn't they be avid readers of the old publications as well which contain numerous errors & incorrect teachings?
8. Isn't it ironic how the organization promotes "Family Worship" while at the same time promotes the breaking up of families through its unscriptural shunning policy?
9. It's "not too hard to do these things?" Yes it is! I was often stressed out & tired as a JW & observed that other JW's were also faring the same due to the numerous burdens placed upon us by this stupid cult!
10. The "great tribulation is drawing so close?" Wasn't that supposed to take place in 1975? Anyway, the only great tribulation I have experienced was being stuck in this ******* cult! (now I'm free!)