What Fun Things Have You Been Doing While In Lock-Down?

by Simon 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Simon - you and Angharad are having fun - I like the scooter but would feel safer on one in the pictures with tires - the one in the center.

phoenixrising - nice! I was searching for your posts re/guns yesterday. Glad you posted again. I have a weird clock that my mother's husband gave me - it's very heavy and old - it's a Cartier (gold finish - probably a bronze) and it's just round like a base is missing. I'm not into antiques - I've saved a few (dishes/crystal) if they belonged to special family. I'll try to send you a photo - I'll PM and perhaps you can advise on this item. Guess I could call the Pawn Stars here.

• jp1692
    jp1692

I've been spending a lot of time on learning martial arts, which was a thing I studied before becoming a JW in 1984 and only recently picked up again a little over a year ago.

Although my dojo is closed during the lockdown, I have plenty of time to practice in my local park. I'm limited practicing alone, but there are many forms and kata that can be done solo.

I practice bujinkan budo taijutsu and also Okinawan bojutsu. When I first started, I was somewhat self-conscious, but after going to the same spot three times a week for four months I've gotten over that. The regulars—including the local police—always wave.

A few curious people have stopped by and asked me about it, but most people tend to stay away when your waving a 3 foot (1m) sword or a 6 foot (2m) staff.

It keeps me in shape and develops good discipline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit