Jehovah's Witnesses 'ordered destruction' of notes which could have been used during child sexual abuse inquiry

by oppostate 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• freddo
    freddo

@ the girl next door

Konceptual99 is spot on.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    .... marking, thank you.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So the instruction entails that all congregations are to just keep the basic information pertaining to the decision of a JC and to destroy any loosely associated information pertaining to a possible instance of pedophilia.

Again this directive is to curtail any broad based information that could be used against the WTS. in a possible court case, less information the better in other words.

If the WTS hadn't anything to hide why would they push to have this done ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What it means in practical terms is that all that is left is a record that an individual was DF'd for "Conduct unbecoming a Christian".

This is ENTIRELY TO ABSOLVE THE JW ORG OF ANY RESPONSIBILITY.

NO OTHER REASON.

The victims are left with little evidence that can get them a result in Court, can get them some kind of Justice, and some kind of closure.

It is frankly the most disgusting move yet that I have seen from the JW Org.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) is an Act of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland which defines UK law on the processing of data on identifiable living people. It is the main piece of legislation that governs the protection of personal data in the UK. Although the Act itself does not mention privacy, it was enacted to bring British law into line with the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive,which required member states to protect people's fundamental rights and freedoms and in particular their right to privacy with respect to the processing of personal data. In practice it provides a way for individuals to control information about themselves. Most of the Act does not apply to domestic use,[1] for example keeping a personal address book. Anyone holding personal data for other purposes is legally obliged to comply with this Act, subject to some exemptions. The Act defines eight data protection principles. It also requires companies and individuals to keep personal information to themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Protection_Act_1998

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Thanks for the responses guys!!!
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yea, thanks for that GND.

I know that the JW Org will hide behind that excuse, "Ooh we couldn't disobey Caesars law could we ? "

Bloody pathetic nonsense.

It is on a par with the Nazis who said they were " only obeying orders".

They disobey the Law when it suits them, and in these cases it suits them to disobey natural moral law, because it will save them £££/$$$.

I repeat what I said above :

This is ENTIRELY TO ABSOLVE THE JW ORG OF ANY RESPONSIBILITY.

NO OTHER REASON.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

From what I understand too, is sometime ago there was some directive to the Elders. A directive to along the line of **obeying instructions from the society, over and above the secular authorities**.. Just gives the chills.

• David Graham
    David Graham
    Also, I would like to add. There are certain individuals within the activist community who are trying to shrug off the huge child abuse problem within the watchtower. Not everyone we may trust is exactly who they say they are, nor are they out to bring down the watchtower, one brick at a time!
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    I am not one of them. The child abuse issue is my priority. The impetus in posting the above as I have is to make sure we focus on facts that do not derail the valid expose we are accomplishing on this front.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit