Preaching the Good News with Rising Gas Prices?

by truthlover123 15 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Anony Mous: A US gallon is 3.785 liter.

I didn't know that, thanks for correcting me. 👍

• Gorb
    Gorb

They can walk 3 days to the field, just like Afrincan brs and srs fine examples in the publications.

Typical a first world way of thinking.

G.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

So in the UK we pay around $10.63 for our petrol.

As someone posted in another thread cities are expensive places to have a car, my insurance is double that of family who live in Cambridgeshire/Suffolk. Let alone we have to pay a toll just to go through parts of london.I haven't kept my own car since my boys were younger when I really needed one.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

You guys........you lack faith!

Why, I'm certain that if the Governing Body want the Field Ministry to start back up again, that surely they'll start sending money BACK into the Congregations to help pay for the fuel. After all, they make the claim that they are chosen by God Himself to look after his "worldly possessions", the Flock.

Lett the money flow back INTO the pauper rank-n-file Sheeple's gas tanks. They don't want to do that? Too cheap? Well then, Fugg 'em!!! I'd lie every single month on my service slip if I were still PIMI.

The Gluttonous Bozo's attitude of "Lett them eat cake," has gotten old out here in the REAL world.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Here in the US we have been spoiled for years with relatively low gasoline prices. Unfortunately in conjunction with that is a lack of mass transportation which is way behind anything in Europe. The culture requires everyone to have a car, or in most cases more than one, and drive everywhere. This year in my area (midwest US) gas prices have gone from about $3 to about $5 (which is cheaper than many parts of the country). I'm cutting back a lot on driving. If prices go to anything like $10 a gallon it would be devastating to a lot of people.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THOMASMORE:

It was about time that the so-called ‘rich guy’ left the room. These JWs didn’t deserve you! All you were good for was to give freebies to people who don’t want to work.

You don’t even need to be a ‘rich guy’, just somebody who doesn’t know how to say no. I am glad you finally did. The way you were treated when you stopped dishing out goodies says everything! These idiots can go fly a kite.👎

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit