"The Origin of Life" fails to deliver

by Doug Mason 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

deepblue - What the actual fuck are you wittering about? Doug's dismantling of the WT brochure is thorough and excellent as usual.

Is the pdf too hard for you to understand? Maybe Doug can do a simpler one with shorter words for dummies.

You joined just to make a personal attack on an actual scholar. Idiot.. Fuck off

• deepblue
    deepblue
    i teach meteorology and geography but even kids with down syndrome will understand its stupid. Every single point! I dont know where to start. You forgot JW teach that Earth isn't flat! Go and mock them! They must be wrong because they are JW
  • cofty
    cofty
    I teach meteorology and geography but even kids with down syndrome will understand its stupid

Really? I assumed from your first post that you were about 13 years old.

So let's have a conversation about it then deepblue.

Let me begin - Life began approximately 3.8 million years ago. Probably in deep sea vents

Eukaryotic cells came into being approximately 2 billion years ago as a result of an endosymbiotic event

Life diverged through unguided evolution

99.9% of all species that have ever lived have since gone extinct.

Modern humans appeared approximately 100,000 years ago descended from common ancestors of modern primates.

As a geography teacher you agree with all of these points don't you?

So what specifically is your problem with the OP?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Deepy - even kids with down syndrome will understand its stupid

Er....excuse me?

I'm offended.

• deepblue
    deepblue

You should digest the first point before.I fuck your theories boys. Show me in practice how 2 parts of hammer can meet accidently and put together and after you can speak about the first living cell. You have no idea what are you talking about.

.............................................................................................

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4sP1E1Jd_Y

...............................................................................................

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zQXgJ-dXM4

...............................................................................................

and if God its "magic" for you and you are too enlightened to use this word probably talking about mobile phones in 15tth century would be also magic for you and quantum physics must be magic as well

and make your choice where that life began in water or in space? all that organic stuff in comets and meteors is not from the space but from the Noah flood! You dont know the literature. dr Walt Brown can tell you more about it

"Life diverged through unguided evolution" :)

can you show me an example of a genetic mutation or an evolutionary process which can be seen to increase the information in the genome. :) Is it how we write computer software? :) by changing letters randomly? :) I recommend you good book Signature in the Cell by Stephen C. Meyer i think you need to learn something more about information.

Seriously guys if the Bible is a book of myths for you we have nothing to talk about

• deepblue
  • cofty
    cofty

Oh I see you are a full blooded no apologies creationist who resorts to the most facile of ' arguments' but who claims to be a teacher of science.

Your poor poor students!

I will read your posts later and get back to you. In the mean time please tell me which books that present the scientific evidence for evolution you have studied recently?

I'm predicting the answer is none and that you will evade the question.

• deepblue
    deepblue

im not "creationist" and im very sceptical about the "24h young earth" stories as well as about the traditional "old earth" purely materialistic explonation. I'm afraid the "evidence for evolution" has nothing to do with science textbooks but more with psychology so you are asking about the wrong book. I had to go through all that shit before my all exams so i know the reasoning - "because God is not scientific same like gnoms it must have been evolutuion and becasue the probability is too low so there must be an infinite number of multiverses so its good to be gay and abortion is also good".

Its not becasue I'm evading your question but they are not worth to mention so sorry I wont cite neither evolution god John Paul II nor another god Richard Dawkins and all the rest of that band. I told you I dont care about theories. Show me in practice

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    deepy - i teach meteorology and geography

I very much doubt you are a teacher because your grammar is poor. Your posting standards are very juvenile.

Come clean, please. You don't teach do you?!?!

How old are you really, and what is your first language?

• cofty
    cofty

So I was correct. You have never read a single textbook that presents the scientific evidence for evolution.

What an absolute car crash of a response.

I have to be honest if you are a science teacher then that is just incredible that you found employment.

I would be very happy to have a respectful conversation with you specifically about the fact of biological evolution. I think you have done enough harm to Doug's thread already so I propose starting a new one.

Please let me know if you accept the invitation and I will post an OP this evening.

At this point I want to point out one obvious misconception that you present above. Evolution is not about atheism.

The vast majority of Christians accept the fact of evolution. Many scientists who research and teach evolution are evangelical Christians.

Accepting the fact of evolution does not commit somebody to favouring any moral position.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit