"The Origin of Life" fails to deliver

by Doug Mason 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doug Mason
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

Marked for later ,sounds like it should be a good read Doug dealing with the JW`s brochure .

"Five Questions You Should Ask"

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Thank you Smiddy3 for your confidence.

In this Critique I touch on several topics related to the Evolution/Creation debate. Rather than arguing point-by-point, which would have crippled me, I touch on several topics that the brochure mentions but far more importantly, I open the discussion on subjects the brochure should have presented but it did not.

It is not a Critique to be read from page 1 and so on. Given the wide range of the material, I provide a Summary near the beginning.

Please use this as a starting point. Access the sources I provide and discover the gems I left behind.

This is not a short story that you can read at the table while waiting for the meal to be served.

Please please tell me of any corrections. I know that each reader will find some things new and challenging.

The most important lesson is provided on page 16.

Doug

• Half banana
    Half banana

What a worthwhile work! The JW HQ writers are the archetypal 'cherry pickers'.

They insult the evaluations of individual scientists by quoting only parts of their research, those parts which on the surface might lead to conclusions in favour of Watchtower beliefs. How cheap! Their literature quotes scientists-- and for the faithful, that is evidence enough to be convinced of the soundness of JW doctrines. How shallow!

You have supplied the antidote to the propagandistic information distributed by Jehovah's Witness. Their lack of concern for the work of science betrays their one sided obsession with finding and using anything at all which resembles confirmation of their own prejudices. They dismiss the needed scepticism, the rigour and plain hard work which science demands. JW org are plainly dishonest.

Having so far only had the opportunity to read the outline and a few pages, I'm looking forward to reading more.

Thank you Doug for your enormous effort and studious appraisal of WT arguments in the light of verifiable science .

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Just started to read. I will try to finish it this year. Are you at all interested in corrections for typos, etc? I have already noticed a few. Not trying to diminish your excellent work. I know from past experience that it doesn't matter how many times you proofread your own work, you will never notice some very obvious errors.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

FadetoBlack

Yes, typos do bother me.

Today I found a few typos in the Summary, and I have just uploaded the corrected file. None of these has impacted any point individually or generally.

Thank you for your offer to help, which I appreciate and I look forward to.

Doug

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Right. I agree that they don't 'impact any point individually or generally' but if you are looking at reaching a wider audience, each error only detracts from the points you are trying to make. I'd be glad to PM you anything I notice if you are interested. If not, just say so (maybe you already did).

Shawn

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Shawn,

PM is fine but always feel very free to email me. I provide my address on the second page. All correspondence is kept private, guaranteed.

I fully agree that I need to be precisely correct, especially in view of my assertions that the WTS is less than completely honest or forthright.

Doug

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The geologic record is far too complex for simplistic Bible myths

Doug I have just browsed page 16 and found where you doubled up on this section except for this paragraph which is only in one .

I hope this helps to tighten things up.

smiddy

PS .i`m a slow reader so I`ll be lucky if I can wade through it all before I die .LOL

Excellent job cobber.

The brochure’s objective is to vindicate a Bible that it accepts from religions it rejects

I love that quote .

• deepblue
    deepblue

mate your pdf is so f.. stupid i dont know have i laugh or cry :) i think you have problem with Dunning–Kruger effect. Maybe you should start teaching that the Earth is flat because its against JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit