Gordon Nehemia - Finding God's holy name with full vowels

by Da.Furious 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

I was just sent a link to a jewish scholar that apparently he has found 1,000 Manuscripts with Yehovah and latest discovery is one with vowels that supports the spelling Yehovah. So this pits the myth that Jews have forgotten the name into rest.

I got excited JWs about the finding in support of the NWT showing the name as it should be.

Just wanted to share this with you guys.

Link to the blog and podcat: https://www.nehemiaswall.com/1000-manuscripts-yehovah#more-13611

also link to Michael Rood (blog:https://www.michaelrood.tv/) interview who is his friend:

https://youtu.be/wuLu8jy4CWw

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Face Palm.

• Half banana
    Half banana

There is little significance in knowing how a certain group of Semites, at a certain time wished to pronounce the name of the lesser god Yahweh, an ox-headed idol from the Canaanite pantheon. How should we pronounce Yahweh’s brother god Chemosh? It really doesn’t matter.

Not only does pronunciation change over time but it is significant that the name was given a substitute name for superstitious reasons for a long period of Jewish history.

Really, what does religious hocus-pocus do for anyone?

• never a jw
    never a jw

" I am who I am", that's God's name. Moses turned it into the third person "He is who he is" and therefore the initials YHWH. The writers of Genesis and Exodus liked having fun with names, puns and word games. God was just fooling around with Moses.

This is the theory that I like best. It fits the style of the J writer.

• label licker
    label licker

It's Nehemia Gordon and he doesn't believe that Yeshuah has come yet and the other guy is Michael Rood who believes he has visions all the time and if you don't believe him that you can leave his show(his words). Again, a bunch of imperfect men .

1Corinthians 13:8 states that even knowledge would be done away with. JW's never focus on this part of the scripture

Genisis 40:8 Does not interpretations belong to god? No they belong only to the eight wonders of the troof!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Let not forget the Jewish scholars had to add vowel points in to the text because the Hebrew language was a joke. This was done if I’m correct about the 10 century AD . That’s a hell of a lot of time after the original writings.

Lets also not forget that the original writings did not have the Tetragrammaton but the words El or Elohim ( minus the Vowels) . The Tetragrammaton was added later. We are told that was because the massorites felt gods name to holy so they put in its place YHWH or YhVH. This is not accurate because they have found older writings and inscriptions of Yhw or something similar.

Anyway as most scholars will say the original god of the Jews or Israelites was the Canaanite god El . Then somewhere in history it may have changed from El to another god most likely in the same pantheon of gods as El, one of his created offspring. Well never fully know because all over the world back then gods we’re morphed or assimilated in to other gods.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Oh for Thor sake... i wasted 1:47 of my life on that shit?

Do you not realize that never once was the age of those manuscripts mentioned? They could have been a week old. no mention of age of place found or details on translation etc etc etc. no mention of language recorded in.... god what moronic tripe. It was utterly devoid of information but shared here as some sort of huge revelation. Stop wasting our time.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Are these Jews for Jesus people to be believed?
    Where do we find such an announcement in
    https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/magazine/

???

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"I am who Iam" and "He is who he is" strangely, reminds me of...

"It's goodnight from me."

"And, it's goodnight from him."

• sir82
    sir82

"I am who Iam" and "He is who he is" strangely, reminds me of...

"It's goodnight from me."

"And, it's goodnight from him."

Huh.

It always just reminded me of Popeye.

Maybe that's just me, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit