Gordon Nehemia - Finding God's holy name with full vowels

by Da.Furious 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Sir82 - Ha! You know you're right, that's funny.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I find it hard to do anything when I have full vowels.

• johnamos
    johnamos
    It always just reminded me of Popeye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8TRoMSG-5I

• venus
    venus

Whether the name Jehovah is true or imaginary I am benefitting from its meaning (“He causes to become”). He causes Himself to become whatever role needed to benefit His children. That means God’s name is an invitation to humans to view Him in various roles that would bring benefit to us. If you view Him as your real Father, He would cause Himself to become your Father giving you power. If you view Him as your mother, companion, teacher, spouse, Guru, and Almighty, He will cause to become Himself such and will make you link with His infinite peace, joy, knowledge, love, purity and bliss respectively. No wonder Bible presents God in various roles—even in feminine terms such as mother (Deuteronomy 32:11-12; Isaiah 49:15; 66:13; Hosea 11:3-4) and insight into His various roles naturally enabled His children to have deeper and sweeter relationship with Him which kept them always happy and balanced. (Romans 8:28; Isaiah 12.2; 61:10). At the root of Him taking various roles too lies His core quality of benevolence. (Mark 10:18; Psalm 100:5; Psalm 145:17; 2 Peter 3:9 ….)

Whether it is God who is bringing this benefit matters not. Result is benefit. When we really assign to God relationships such as fatherhood, companionship … our subconscious mind accepts whatever we choose to believe and it works to make our beliefs become true for us. Our subconscious mind does not distinguish between what is real and what is imagined. Whatever we are thinking or telling ourselves, the subconscious believes it to be true and works outside of our conscious awareness to prove we are right.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

How convenient for you venus! It is terribly inconvenient for millions of starving children in africa that he ‘did not cause to become’ whatever he needed to be for them. Or to the millions of victims of mass murders. Or to millions of women raped and slaughtered in the name of his religion. The list of examples goes on and on but hey, its worked out for you so thats what counts... right?

• Perry
    Perry

Interesting .... Thank you for posting this.

• venus
    venus
    _Morpheus

I study all isms and go beyond them, thus I have my own conclusion. Hinduism teaches that a virgin (Kunti) gave birth to six children (who came to be called Pandavas); Christianity teaches that a Virgin (Mary) gave birth to one child (Jesus); Evolutionism teaches that matter (virgin) gave birth to many forms of lives. They only differ in details, not in principle. If you are stuck with just one ism, you will ask questions such as ‘Why poverty in Africa, why millions are massacred, raped…?’ Such questions indirectly ascribe glory to God for the abundance in affluent nations, for people who are not yet murdered and for women who are not yet raped.

God has made provisions for the enjoyment of life and has left the work of their fair distribution to humans. (Luke 3:11) But humans have left greed to rule their lives which has resulted in abundance in one place and deprivation in another place. This situation is the second part of the history. First part was perfect. (Gen 1:26-2:3). Jesus defines God as the one who “renews/recreates” the provisions for life’s enjoyment whenever humans deplete/destroy them. (Mathew 19:28)

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

As i said, if that makes you feel better then its all good , right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit