Very Weird Experience During Recent Special Talk After Memorial

by Tenacious 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Has anyone else experienced the same or something similar?

Yes, I personally know of an elder (the COBE) that had many of the same behaviors and speech you described. He eventually connected up with the anointedjw.org crowd and was summarily DF'd for apostasy. Rumor has it his wife is near to throwing in the towel as well.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled
    Regarding the OP I think there must have been something in the outline because our speaker also said something like "no organization leads to salvation, only faith in Jesus can do that". I was pretty gobsmacked to be honest.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Tenacious - "Very weird experience during recent special talk after Memorial."

Is there any other kind? :smirk:

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ flamegrilled - okay, something is definitely not right then.

Hey Atlantis do you or Wifibandit have the outline? Does anyone else maybe?

I'm going to look through the ones I have to see if it's there or if some brothers are looking through their bullcrap.

@ Vidiot - LOL, you reminded me of Jack Nicholson in a Few Good Men. Grave danger? "Is there another kind?"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Tenacious...

I can even do the eyebrows.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I had one last talk by an anointed brother, memorial whose entire talk sounded as if he were denying JW teaching. At the Tim's, no JWs seemed even phased by it. Even the partaking bit . . .I think another brother stepped up to remind visitors not to partake. Weird dystopian meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit