It's Going Down: The Family Is About to Go to War Over... Halloween Decorations.

by Sorry 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Incognito
    Incognito

Is this next to your yard or your parents? If your yard, it's not your parent's concern.

The electrical box is likely located on your city's property so that wouldn't technically be on either resident's land.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

What a great way to let the new neighbors know how "loving" JW's are.

We just let our neighbors know we are no longer JW's. Great news!!

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

So they're worried about what other witnesses will think. It's all about appearances isn't it? If any jw was to drive by and see the two houses, I'm sure they would realize it's the neighbors decorations and not their fellow jws.

The HOA will most likely do nothing about it. It is just one person trying to push their religious beliefs on another. If the box really is on both properties, at the most all they can say is 'don't decorate the box please'.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Tell your parents to get a life. Seriously.

• millie210
    millie210
    Sorry
    I know JWs were nuts, but it's really come to this?
    I got the popcorn out..

This sounds like a plot from a comedy sitcom but I gotta say, I admire your zen about all this Sorry!

• jp1692
    jp1692

What if the witnesses drive by? What will they think?

That's it. Let's live our entire life always worried about what others would think, particularly people that have no respect for personal boundaries, are extremely judgmental, xenophobically intolerant of others and also don't have a life of their own.

So glad I'm out of all of that small-minded, petty crap.

• jp1692
    jp1692

I have a better idea.

Since your parents are so concerned about what others think, tell them you have the perfect solution to their problem. They just need to follow the counsel from the "Faithful Slave" as outlined in the pages of the Watchtower publications.

Tell your parents that you've done some research and found just the article to help them handle this most difficult situation involving "wicked spirit forces." (1)

Assure them that you understand that, since "we too live in a world full of demonism, earnestly praying to Jehovah for his protection is essential in resisting wicked spirits."

Be sure to remind that that, "Of course, we need to use Jehovah’s name in our prayers." Exhort them to actually read aloud Proverbs 18:10. It would be really good if they loudly called on Jehovah's name for all of their neighbors (and the congregation members that happen to be passing by) to hear. What a bold witness for Jehovah! This should be very faith strengthening to all observers.

I would strongly encourage them to go outside where their neighbors--all of their neighbors--can hear them. Tell them they need to "keep on praying to God, loudly calling: 'Deliver us from the wicked one,' Satan the Devil" (Matthew 6:13). This will definitely get everyone's attention.

Assure your parents that, should they faithfully follow this wise direction from the "Faithful and Discreet Slave," they can rest assured that "Jehovah will answer such earnest prayers.​"—Psalm 145:19.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 - All quotes are taken directly from the publication, What Does the Bible Really Teach, chapter 10: "Spirit Creatures​—How They Affect Us"

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Tell them to build a wall........a big wall.....and make the neighbors pay for the wall.

• freddo
    freddo

I think AFRIKANMAN's post "Trumps" the rest.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Yay billy is back!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit