lf the paradise earth is real would you want to live there?

by atomant 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GIORDANO:

You make good points: you can't build a "Paradise" on the bones of the innocent. (But, according to JWs they aren't innocent.) But, building it on anybody's bones is unpleasant and not a good foundation for happiness. And, yes, it would surpass the evil of the Third Reich.

Why is it there seems to always have to be a great extermination on the earth???

While the promise of a perfect body (according to the WT) sounds attractive, I just don't believe anybody would ever really be free in any such "Paradise". They'd have to walk around more paranoid than anybody in any kingdom hall, complete with fake smiles. It would be like an Outer Limits episode.

It just does not sound inviting.

• AnneB
    AnneB

C'mon, you guys! The OP didn't condition or precondition the question. No WT, no doctrine, no fables, just 'if it's real would you like to live there'...

Sure I would! Why not? Who wouldn't want to live in idyllic conditions?

Nothing more is being asked, so no underlying assumptions are warranted.

Don't read into the question more than is written, ok? OK.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LongHairGal - "Why is it there seems to always have to be a great extermination on the earth???"

I think we often forget that some people have come to feel so disaffected by the world around them that a "wipe the slate clean and start over" scenario is the only one that gives them some semblance of hope and comfort.

x

And I think you mean the old Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life"... :wink:

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Yes, as long as it is very windy & all the men are in kilts.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ OP - the majority of people on this forum are beyond imagination or anything remotely related to the JW's. Myself included yet I can definitely envision myself in a paradise earth.

Fact is NO ONE wants to die no matter what they claim. That includes the most ardent supporters of evolution and anything anti-biblical. It's not in our nature to choose death over life.

Every single person that signed up for this forum will never choose death over life.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Are people easygoing? If there are JW's there have they completely lost their JW personalities? Who is in control? Cuz it would be a worldwide North Korea if JW's were in control. A worldwide hell. And my answer would be HELL NO.if this question truly doesn't have anything to do with JW's, then sure,I would love to live forever. Because I can't imagine wanting to listen to favorite pieces of music for the last time ever...no, after a while I want to listen to it again. Or eating my favorite meal a last time. After a while I want it again, and it can be just as good as last time. Or enjoying a cozy fire or a book. Or the sound of rain. I would never get tired of life.

In other words, if the reality is nothing like the witness promote, and doesn't involve the destruction of billions of 'unworthies,' yeah I want to be there. On secoind thought if judgmental people were somehow in control I actually would want to be there too cuz I would start a revolution against them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit