lf the paradise earth is real would you want to live there?

by atomant 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant
    l know l would.Anyone that says no is kidding themselves.Just imagine going up to the hole of a cobra and patting it on the head like a pet.Or running like a deer through the woods.Who knows we might grows wings and be able to fly as well.Food for thought.
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

No. Because if it's real, it must mean that only Jehovah's Witnesses will be here and I could never live on Earth with only those people.

Besides, it defies nature. Name one thing in the Universe that lives forever. Everything dies. It's how we were made (or created).

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

And live with the constant threat of execution over your head 24/7? No thanks.

The problem with paradise earth as taught by JWs is that the second free will is exercised outside of the rules, you will be killed. Not really paradise in my opinion.

• cofty
    cofty

It would be like living in North Korea.

I have too much respect for animals to want them to exist for my amusement.

• atomant
    atomant
    Not only that but any special relationships built with any animal will be short lived as the animal will die causing grief.sorrow and tears.
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Just imagine going up to the hole of a cobra and patting it on the head like a pet

Mmmmm imagine..... Yep you're right. A few trillion years would fly by with excitement like that.

Or running like a deer through the woods

I do that now, no need to wait for the paradise. To be honest, it gets boring quick.

Who knows we might grows wings and be able to fly as well.Food for thought

Who knows? Perhaps we will grow gills on our necks above our wings so we could swim with sharks in the deep ocean! Thanks for the mental stimulation.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy
    To be honest, living in a world where unatural relationships with animals are encouraged holds little attraction for me, but each to his own. I can foresee problems when someone wants to pet someone else's panda, though.
  • zeb
    zeb

a world without crime. where the environment takes a high priority, where deserts are replanted, where learning is for all. No fossil fuel based power grids but solar, wind or tidal. No cancer. Where kids run free and anyone can welcome them in to safety and the world abounds in fine music.

Thus is my dream.

• stillin
    stillin

I can see how it could be nice. If Jehovah's Witnesses are there, maybe they will have toned it down several notches. Maybe the rigid organizational, institutionalized form of religion will be gone and, once that garbage is cleared out of my head, who knows? maybe people actually are capable of some sort of communion with a Higher Power!

I think I wouldn't mind seeing that. There is so much natural beauty in the world that, if there is to be a "God" defending "His" creation, it seems that "He" would be a friendly sort.

• sir82
    sir82

It would be fine for a while, maybe a long while, but in the end, it would become tedium.

Eternity is a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong time, and the earth is finite.

I think I'd enjoy it for a few millennia, then I'd want to explore something else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit