Music Video: Would Jesus Wear a Rolex on JW Broadcasting? - PARODY

by cappytan 86 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, whether the damn watch cost $10,000 or $200 - it is certainly in very bad taste...I am sure that if Knorr and others were still around they would tell him what to do with it...

(And it is a superb video)

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS would use this scripture and their slant on it:

(John 19:23, 24) 23 Now when the soldiers had impaled Jesus, they took his outer garments and made four parts, for each soldier a part, and the inner garment. But the inner garment was without a seam, being woven from the top throughout its length. 24 Therefore they said to one another: “Let us not tear it, but let us determine by lots over it whose it will be.” This was that the scripture might be fulfilled: “They apportioned my outer garments among themselves, and upon my apparel they cast lots.” And so the soldiers really did these things.

*** w90 3/15 p. 25 Gems From John’s Gospel ***

As a victim of impalement, Jesus set us the prime example of faithfulness unto death. One ignominy he underwent in fulfillment of prophecy was that soldiers ‘apportioned his garments among themselves.’ (Psalm 22:18) They cast lots to determine who would get his fine inner garment (Greek, khi·ton), woven without a seam. (19:23, 24) Such a tunic might be woven of wool or linen in a single piece and could be white or of varied colors. Often sleeveless, it was worn next to the skin and reached to the knees or even the ankles. Of course, Jesus was not materialistic, but he did wear such a garment of good quality, his seamless tunic.

*** w08 9/15 p. 24 par. 18 Resist “the Spirit of the World” ***

Seeking first the Kingdom involves having our priorities in order. Consider Jesus’ example. At times, he wore a good-quality garment. (John 19:23) He enjoyed food and wine in the company of good friends. (Matt. 11:18, 19) But possessions and entertainment were like seasoning or condiments in his life, not the meat of it. Jesus’ food was to do Jehovah’s will. (John 4:34-36) Life is so rewarding when we copy Jesus’ example!

*** w07 11/15 p. 4 A Meaningful Life Is Possible! *

What is life without some of the pleasures that money can buy? Although Jesus Christ, the Founder of Christianity, admitted that he had nowhere to lay down his head, he did occasionally enjoy choice food and wine. Moreover, he did not refrain from wearing an expensive garment.—Matthew 8:20; John 2:1-11; 19:23, 24.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    CAPPYTAN, this is totally awesome. I was listening to this, blasting the music in my car yesterday. Thanks a whole lot!
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    That's great!!
  • out4good4
    out4good4

That was fantastic.

Great Work!!!

• sir82
    sir82

That rates a

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Imitate Jesus??

Wear a rolex watch, right??

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

The entire parody was brilliant and made our day. Thanks, cappytan.

• Thirteenth tribe
    Thirteenth tribe
    Wow how many times was Stephen Let dropped on his head as a baby ? Good grief he must have been swigging more than cool aid he makes ozzy Osborne look capable of running for parliament ! 🤕
  • Thirteenth tribe
    Thirteenth tribe
    Stephen Let out ,Ozzy In for GB ..at least ozzy has a reason for being out of his freaking mind haha ✌🏻️

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit