What Do You Think About Banning Plastic Bags?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We need to save the planet so we have to stop using plastic bags! In Massachusetts, the new law will be going into effect soon. If you go food shopping, you only cat get paper bags.

What is your opinion of the state banning plastic bags??

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

I say do your best to take care of your home. But don't get crazy. Personally I recycle what I can but I am not fanatical.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lauratenenbaum/2019/05/15/these-three-plastic-recycling-myths-will-blow-your-mind/#58552eb875f0

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

1000% on board.

A lot of places outside the USA, already don't offer plastic bags and force you to bring your own bag or make you buy one if you don't have it.

Or alternatively, start producing big-degradable plastic bags which is also a good option. We are killing the environment with the amount of plastic. Start investing in R&D for bio plastic, such as hemp.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I saw a senior adult post that he remembers when plastic bags replaced paper bags because of the trees being destroyed

• minimus
    minimus

Right about the trees being destroyed! That was the Flavor of the decade.

If you think plastic bags are so awful what about milk cartons, soda bottles, water bottles, orange juice gallons, etc.

• minimus
    minimus

Even toilet paper and chewing gum contain plastic. Knowing you are 1000%on board, redvip, I think you need to set an example on that toilet paper thing.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Quandary. Plastic wont degrade in a landfill. We reuse iurs as can liners, re ycle the rest. Cloth gets dirty. Paper comes from pulp trees on farms, no market the big timber companies will stop growing them. I still like the big old peck sacks the few times i get one

• minimus
    minimus

Imagine if Hefty bags become paper. Wait, do people who will not use plastic still use Hefty bags??

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Although many here may think I lean to the left a lot, I would say that a paper bag is better than plastic. Leave the paper bag in your backyard a few months and it just goes away. Plastic seems to remain forever.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

Rub , unless your backyard is a landfill, then it doesn’t simply disappear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit