Would you be OK with someone removing "Jesus'" name from the New Testament?

by Wonderment 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would rather have the whole bible removed, torah and all. And the quran. Along with all the curses that these pieces of filth have put on all mankind. Imagine living at least 500 years, and enjoying it, instead of living a paltry 70 or 80 years of misery and toil. The bible and quran, along with its parent the torah, prevents you from doing that. To me, jesus is nothing more than the archetype of the perfect slave, and the more people put their trust and energy into that thing, the quicker Noahide Law will be imposed and the worse it will be when it does.

At least Santa Claus is a good archetype, and the worst Santa will do if you are bad is leave you coal for Christmas. Which is far better than draining your soul so the reptilians can put us all under Noahide Law.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Jesus and his followers were all Jewish and so they had Hebrew names — although they would likely have spoken Aramaic. The “J” sound used to pronounce Jesus’ name does not exist in Hebrew or Aramaic, which is strong evidence that Jesus was called something entirely different by his contemporaries - true, the letter J doesn't exist in Hebrew and Aramaic.

But Jesus's real name in either Hebrew or Aramaic isn't as different as Joe is from Patrick - that's a false equivalent, I think.

Jesus is the Latin version of Yeshua. An alternative English equivalent seems to be Joshua.

You can replace 'Jesus' with 'Yeshua' or the Aramaic equivalent and that would be ok. You can't replace it with Joe or Patrick, tho ...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If your in an American prison and hear "Jesus loves you." That may be a good thing. If your in a Mexican Jail and hear "Hay-Zoos loves you...you've got a problem.

Giordano ...

That is funny ... I mean funny.

Rub a Dub

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

out of slight interest--is the word "christ" mentioned in the bible ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit