Visit From Jehovah's Witnesses

by Vanderhoven7 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• Londo111
    Londo111

It's like playing a boardgame with a kid who overturns the board and storms off when you don't let him him...

• Giordano
    Giordano

Bravo Vanderhoven!

For those who think this was a waste of time. It wouldn't surprise me if in a year or three Ruth and or Stephen stopped by and told Van that he freed them from the JW Lie. That he got them to see.

At sixteen (I am 70 now) I read The True Believer by Eric Hoffer which never mentioned individual scriptures but centered on the organized nature and recruitment of religion and radical mass movements.

Even though I pioneered after HS where the need was great, held many congregational positions, gave talks all over the circuit, was one of the up and coming 'golden boys' my doubts continued to grow. Everything Hoffer described I could see on every level of the organization. Eventually I saw TTATT. It became undeniable. My wife and I exited from the JW construct in our mid twenties.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Vanderhoven, this is the response I was talking about earlier in this topic. You've successfully reinforced the barriers these JWs have against reality. You've convinced them that they are pretty much on the right track but perhaps left them wondering over details.

I won't be churlish, if they leave the WT for a more mainstream christian denomination that will be two fewer people recruiting for a cult. I would welcome that although they are far more likely to double down on their study and ministry as a response to any dissonance you've caused.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

He told me he liked me but that I beat them up every time I come and that he can't take it any more.

Did he really phrase it like that? I wouldn't expect a JW to say this. Normally, they will just say that you are not open to see the truth about the bible and that they cannot convince you, so they are moving on to other that might have an open heart - or something similar.

If he did say that, then it's a great victory for reality.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, he actually said that...and he used the phrase "beat up" at a number of our previous meetings as well, drawing analogies to "parents beating up children". My response was that maybe the children needed to be verbally thrashed for spreading lies and hurting others (eg. breaking up families, not protecting children etc.). And I found out today that he is an elder...and that the two new people Danny and another German speaking lady that he invited to our last study were "under him"....and that it was his decision to terminate.

His parting shot was "What would you do if you had a vision and were told to become a JW. My immediate response was; I would say, "Get thee behind me Satan!" We both laughed and said our good-byes.

Sad really..

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks DoC. This is a keeper.

Image result for you can't handle the truth

• Listener
    Listener

Great work, you've left an indelible impression on him that will stay with him for a long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit