Visit From Jehovah's Witnesses

by Vanderhoven7 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Interesting thread!

So do the Mormans actually use THAT scripture to explain Joseph smiths "findings" of the golden tablets??

Wow...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Doc: Thanks for the encouragement.

Stuckinarut: No, actually I made up the interpretation to illustrate what interpretive abuse looks like. After asking my visitors for their take on Matthew 13:44 I introduced this interpretation by saying: "Imagine you are visited by two elders dressed in black who see this passage as evidence for the book of Morman...."

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for sharing Vanderhoven7, you brought up some very good points. I am surprised that they returned for more.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Oh, it's biblical. You get 1914 by subtracting 2,520 prophetic years from the time Jerusalem fell in 607 BC. Easy, right? Well, how do we know Jerusalem fell in 607 BC? Because if you add 2,520 years to 607 BC, you get 1914!

Scary, right?

Fits just like a jigsaw puzzle! What greater evidence do you want?

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

vanderhovan did a good job . he backed them into a corner. and he know they can't bull their way out of 1918 etc. my HAT is OFF !!!!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

There is a smug hypocrisy amongst many believers on this forum in that having seen so clearly the fallacies and errors of their former JW beliefs they can now pontificate about 'accurate' bible truths.

Tenacious: Vanderhoven is not discussing Noah's flood so please see your way out of this topic since it does not concern you.

I'll comment on any topic I choose to thanks very much and if you can't see how the flood (or any other belief imposed over reality like the resurrection) impacts directly on Vanderhoven's argument that's your problem.

Shall I get my crayons and draw you a picture?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Marked

• nelim
    nelim

nicolaou, is it wrong to form an alliance to fight a common enemy, even though you don't share the same beliefs with that ally?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Teaching JWs how to use their own Watchtower library?

Great gig if you can get it.

Great fun too...

• smiddy
    smiddy

The suspence is killing me , come on Vanderhoven7 !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit