Visit From Jehovah's Witnesses

by Vanderhoven7 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• Londo111
    Londo111

Yes, that is often a question I would like to ask a JW to get them thinking, "When did the truth become the truth?"

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks for your input Blondie. Listener, I agree loyalty, submission, obedience is top priority.

Could be wrong but I have a feeling that I won't see Ruth again. She was obviously frustrated by our last session. Stephen too left downcast. My take is that he will bring a more forceful brother ( a big gun) with him to argue the organization's case. The problem is you can't make what is extra-biblical biblical. Have to wait and see.

• Listener
    Listener
    If that's the case Vanderhoven, then you may need to consider a new strategy. It is likely that the big gun won't be interested in discussing doctrines but turn it on you to see what your motive is. He will probably have a pre determined idea of what it is. He'll tell you that they are not there to debate.

Stephen and Ruth have so far shown that they are sincere in discussing issues with you and if you can show Stephen that the attitude of the big gun is wrong, judgmental or uncalled for it might have some positive effect. You'll need to demonstrate your sincerity in wanting to know what they have to say.
  • freddo
    freddo

Just a thought V7 ... (you are doing brilliantly IMO)

If you want to play the long game then as Listener says "demonstrate your sincerity". If you really want to "display humility" and "readiness to listen" then ask them to pray to help you have faith in what they are saying.

Then maybe go along with them for a visit or two and explain how you've given them a chance to explain their view but that you sincerely believe it to be going against "God's word."

Then be sad that they are disappointing and seem to be "wilful in their disbelief" because they put their religion's writings over the scriptures.

• atomant
    atomant

Hello Vanderhovan7 l am interested to find out what they meant by we are not the only true religion. I wanted to challenge Stephen on his statement that there was freedom of belief without repercussion. He affirmed that he was free to believe anything he wanted. And something else both affirmed vigorously; that other churches are not part of satan's organization and that JWs don't believe they would be destroyed at Armageddon because they were associated with Christendom. LOL he even said, we are( not the only true religion.) More gasps on my part...but this time I would not let it go.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Meeting scheduled for tomorrow at 10. Topic - One hope or two for Christians?.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Atomant: I think the statement was pure evasion (TW or theocratic warefare).

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Freddo: Great strategy. So far though I've used a more direct approach. They already know where I am coming from..and that it is not a position of weakness. It's more of a show me from the Bible so that I can accept your positions.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Just got a surprise visit from Stephen 15 minutes ago. He came to tell me he is sadly terminating our weekly study. He told me he liked me but that I beat them up every time I come and that he can't take it any more. Telling them the truth and where their religion is wrong biblically speaking, is not beating them...I am just doing my duty.

He closed with: "What if God told you in a vision to become a JW what would you do. I said that I would say: "Get thee behind me Satan". On that note, we parted laughing.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He told me he liked me but that I beat them up every time I come and that he can't take it any more.

JWs can't handle it when they are "beaten up" by someone with a better command of the scriptures.

Image result for you can't handle the truthImage result for you can't handle the truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit